Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Lindos
9 Posts
to start with have you read the members rhodes resort reports? also if you use the search facility you will find several topics on lindos

wizard

ps :welcome to the greek forums
hi there.

yeah I read through the comments and tried searching but can't find much on where to stay.

Idealy we would like something close to the beach and easy walking distance to the restaurants and nightlife.

What hotels are recomended and is there any to avoid ?
Hi
Lindos village is a maze of narrow streets. There are many bars & restaurants plus a couple of nightclubs. The accomodation in the village itself is usually quite basic. When you look on the travel websites they are the sugar cube white-washed places. If you want the usual style of holiday accommodation you will need to stay outside the village. Many self-catering accommodations are located within 10-15 minute walk into the village. These include Lindos View, Lindos Gardens, Lambis Studios. If you are looking for a hotel with a beach close by then this will be further out and you will need to use public transport to get you into Lindos village. Some hotels are Lindos Royal, Lindos, Bay, Lindos Mare & Lindos Memories. You'll find all the accommodations mentioned are sold by the major travel companies - Thomas Cook, Thomson, Airtours, First Choice.

Villas are becoming more popular. Many owners advertise on Owners Direct or Google Lindos Villa you're bound to find lots.

Wendles
Hi,

You'll have a great time in Lindos, i first went with a group of friends when i was 20 and i'm still going nearly 16 years on! Nightlife is pretty good but a bit more upmarket than 18-30s, there are loads of bars in the village, two decent clubs (Arches and Qupi) and an open air club up above the village (Amphitheatre). Some of the bars have groups on facebook so you can have a look at pics and get a bit more idea there, look for the groups Zouk Bar - Manolis Cocktail Bar, ARCHES Night Club society, Lindos By Night Bar, Antika.

You don't really get a range of hotels in the village itself as it's a heritage site so building is restricted. In the centre of the village you get basic studios, apartments and villas (no pools or on site facilities), above the village on Krana Hill you find the more modern blocks with swimming pool, bar, etc on site and in the surrounding villages/resorts you'll find the big beachside hotels. I always go for the village centre as there's more atmosphere, the restaurants, bars and the beach are a short walk away. Villas don't tend to be cheap but Direct Greece have quite a few in Lindos and Libra, Olympic and Kosmar have quite a good choice in village studios/apartments.
Thanks for the advice. I am now finding it easier to get an idea of what would suit us.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a detailed map ?

I have found the Phillipos Studios And Apartments and want to see if they are in a good location. Anyone know ?
Don't know of any decent maps of Lindos, i did one for some friends but just detailing bars and restaurants so i didn't show St Pauls Bay side of the village in any detail. I can see where it is from the picture they show so hopefully this description will help.

They are on the street that leads down to St Pauls Bay, it's a fairly quiet part of the village with the only restaurants on that road being Swedco a bakery/sandwich shop and Il Palazetto the italian restaurant. Only 5 mins walk (if that) and you're in the centre of the village where you'll find the majority of bars, shops and restaurants. St Pauls Bay beaches are your nearest but it is a mix of sand and pebbles there so if you want a sandy beach you need to head for Pallas beach or the main beach which are around 10 mins walk (maybe a bit more when the daytrippers are in and the streets are busy).

Hope that gives you some idea.
Gav
You aren't 10 mins from anywhere when you stop in the village, beaches, everything.There's no noise late at night everything stays open as late as you need but they close the doors and turn the music down.We're staying at the phillipos in Aug and we went and had a look the janitor let us have a look round and they're quite nice fairly modern for Lindos and last Aug I timed it from there to the square the opposite end of the village and it took me 12 mins to walk it.
Rick.
Yep, as Marcus mentioned those tour operators are about the most common who have mostly all the accommodation in the area and surrounding.

Staying in those apartments it's only 2 mins from everywhere, although Marcus was right in the other beach being possibly a 10 minute leisurely walk.

I'm booked for the Manolis Villa which is situated high in the village, looking forward to actually staying in the centre of the village as opposed to in the outlying towns. :sun2

FD
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.