Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Lindos
10 Posts
any members who can offer reviews please use the following link

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/greece/rhodes/lindos/yota-beach-hotel/

thanks
wizard
Hi

We went to Lindos last year. We stayed at the Kyriaki studios in the village but Thomas Cook moved us to the Yota Beach on our last day (they were making up for the fact that we were abandoned at Lindos reception for an hour on arrival before a rep came to take us to our studios. After we checked out of Kyriaki at mid-day on our day of departure we were given a room at Yota Beach until 2am the next morning, when were going to the airport).

The hotel seemed nice enough - decent sized, comfy room with aircon and fridge. All the rooms have sa ea view and the beach is literally a few steps from the hotel. There is a supermarket right next door and we had a nice meal at the hotel restaurant. It also has a nice pool area which we enjoyed as we didn't have a pool at Kyriaki.

The beach infront of the hotel is very shingly. However, if you walk to the right towards the Lindos Mare hotel it is lovely soft sand.

The area "Vlicha Bay" is about 5-10 minutes drive from Lindos. There are several hotels there. I personally would not like to stay there because it seems quite isolated. You can only get anywhere by bus or taxi as it would be too far to walk. It also seemed very much like a ghost-town when I was there (first week of September). There was hardly anyone about, which was a big contrast to Lindos itself, which was bustling. I much preferred staying in the village as it has an excellent atmosphere.

The other thing that put me off the Yota Beach was that it did not have a 24-hour reception. Our transfer coach did not turn up and we did not have enough money to use the nearby payphone to call the reps. We got back into our room (had left the key in the door) to use the phone there, but it did not work! I had about 50p credit on my mobile which I used to get through to the reps and luckily got enough info across before my credit ran out and so thankfully we were rescued! As there was no-one in the hotel reception and the whole place was a ghost town at 2pm never mind 2am, we felt very scared and abandoned!

On the whole, though, if you don't mind being a little way out of town, you could do a lot worse than the Yota Beach.
Forgot to say - Lindos nightlife is excellent. Nightlife around the hotel is Zero. You would need to get a taxi into Lindos and back.
Thank you for all your comments, i am worried about being so far away, the impression the travel rep gave us was that it was only a 5 minute walk! also me and my boyfriend are only early 20's, so getting the impression that it may be a bit too quite for us!!
Hi again

I was only in Vlicha Bay for a day, but I'm pretty sure it would take a lot longer than 5 minutes to walk into Lindos! Just getting from the hotel area up onto the road would take longer than that. You'd then have to walk right along the road (can't remember exactly how far but at least 20 minutes walking I'd say) and even when you get to the top of Lindos its 5-10 minutes downhill into the village.

We are in our late twenties and we loved the atmosphere in the village itself. Only problem is that all of the accomodation is quite old as there is a protection order in place in the village.

If I was going to Lindos again, I'd stay at the Lambis Studios (the ones with a pool that are exclusive to first choice - beware that there is also another place called Lambis that is not as good). They are at the top of the village but only a 10 minute walk into the centre. Reviews are excellent.

You would live Lindos. I wanted to go back this year for our honeymoon but we decided on Santorini instead. We will definitely be back one day, though!
Hi,
Change your holiday accommodation but not your destination!
Lindos is fabulous but there are no hotels in Lindos itself as it is a World Heritage site.
All accommodation IN the village is self catering.
Watch out if considering the Lambis Studios - there are two. One is self catering studios in the village, while the other is just at the top of the hill and has a swimming pool.
There are other hotels with Lindos or Lindian in their name but these are outside the village, and in some cases many miles away. Ask your tour operator for The Gazette and find out exactly where your accom actually is.
Any problems or advice then come back on here. I've been to Lindos 14 times and there are people on here who've been even more than me. I'm sure you'll get all the help you need.
Don't be put off...Lindos is great.
I bet if you go this time then you'll be back. I don't know anyone who's just been once.
Does that make Lindos the Rodan equivelant of a malteezer or Pringles crisp? lol
Hi
may be a bit difficult to change accomodation as holiday is all booked! to be honest the hotel that we are staying seems to get good reviews so im sure the walk can't be that bad! (hopefully not anyway!!) at least walking may keep the pounds off that always seem to creep on when you go on holiday he he! and ive heard that taxis and bus are not expensive. im sure that we will be ok:-)
Jem a taxi will only cost you around 5 euros if you flag one down on the main road (your hotel can call one for you but as UK there's a call out fee). I believe Yota is Kalathos, though not sure exactly where. I've walked Lindos to Kalathos several times as i worked in both resorts and had the worlds most unreliable moped as my only form of transport! To be fair it's not a bad walk if you enjoy walking but quite hilly, i'd say to the centre of Lindos village would take around 25-30 mins.

There is now a hotel in Lindos village centre (right next to the school) though it is the only one and is aimed at the luxury/boutique hotel market. Hotel Melenos, absloutely gorgeous but you could do with a lottery win or a remortgage before booking!
Good shout Marcus,
Was invited for a look around the day it opened.
Superb hotel...but at £300 - £500 per night! I could only afford a week unfortunately. lol
If I win the lottery though, I would definitely stay there. Conversely though, the afternoon and evening meal menus are pretty reasonable considering.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.