UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
LOCH LOMOND
28 Posts
Yay ... Falkirk Wheel wins out!

:sulk
:lol: If you get a chance you should also try and take a look in to the Transport museum and just over the road the Kelvinegrove art gallery and museum both in glasgow.

http://www.glasgowmuseums.com/venue/index.cfm?venueid=7

http://www.glasgowmuseums.com/venue/index.cfm?venueid=4

The Science Centre and the two museums can easily be combined in to a day as they are close to each other.
Where have you decided to stay Butch?
:lol:

Love that icon, Kiltman!!

You were right about Stirling too my friend, even though as a native Bairn i shouldn't admit it!! :P Great backdrop with the castle, and the Wallace monument ... although i'd never call it a great shopping area these days, used to love it but prefer my hometown these days! :)
Oklahoma

Not booked anything yet as wanting to get the festive season behind me before i book it,but will more than likely book Lomond Woods Holiday Park (finances permitting)

To all the people who have posted suggestions of place to stay and things to see and do:
Many Thanks for the information

Butchdingle
Kiltman-Graham...... Balloch to Kilcreggan- 15mins? I think not!!! Unless you are well over speed limit. Tut Tut!
Butch, if you are interested in whisky, you are within easy driving distance of Auchentoshan Distillery, though I would suggest the Glengoyne Distillery is worth the extra travel if you did fancy a visit.
I live in Dumbarton. Been in Scotland for nearly 2 years, so still finding my feet!

The Sea life centre at Loch lomond shores may be worth a visit. I'm going in a few weeks when my parents visit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.