UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
I think you'll struggle to find anything for one night. If you were the owner of a log cabin you could get top dollar for it for new year week. People want to go for the whole week. It doesn't make economic sense to hire it out for just one night or even 2 or 3. Hotels ususually do 2 or 3 night packages at new year but you might find somewhere for one night. Probably not a log cabin though.
oh that is a shame! will the same apply to a cottage?
One night is always difficult with cottages, at New Year it will be almost impossible. Rural Retreats do have some cottages available for as few as 2 nights, but once again many won't take bookings for less than a week over Christmas and New Year.
Check out Faweather Grange in Yorkshire ( stayed there 3 times) or alternatively do a search on Hoseasons website as there are lots of log cabins on there. We just stayed in a lovely log cabin in Somerset its called Tor Farm and it took 3 hours to drive to from Liverpool.
I would be EXTREMLY annoyed if I was also on the site and someone brought fireworks......please bear in mind many people with noise-phobic animals go away over this period to get away from the noise, and prevent them from having to drug their dogs. Sorry to rant...
Thanks for your replies - we are having some luck with a person who owns a barn! Looks lovely.

I understand that CloClo - which is why I asked for somewhere that ALLOWED fireworks - we would not just turn up with a display and start setting them off - that would be very disrespectful to other people staying there who had not agreed to it.

Thanks again for the helpful replies :) x
Sounds lovely, let us know where about the barn is and prices etc...
I was going to agree with Bridd, I would have thought it virtually impossible to rent somewhere
New years eve, just for one night. I'm pleased you've found somewhere.

I also have to agree with Clo Clo. about fireworks.
Living in a lovely village in Cornwall, we get people letting off fireworks all the time.
It just seems to be the thing people do when they're on holiday lately.
sometimes up till 3am on balmy summer nights!!!!
Not so bad just one lot, but imagine when half a dozen people get the same idea!!
O.K. they're on holiday and don't have to get up for work the next day,
OR have frightened pets to calm down,
but no-one seems to ACTUALLY notice that people really DO live and work in these places.
Might I suggest wish lanterns?
We are suggesting them (and even selling them) in our village to holiday makers lately, as they're
environmentally friendly, pretty, quiet, and safe. (plus we're all fed up with fireworks)!!!!
But then I suppose New years eve is one of those occasions where we have come to expect them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.