Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi Dave,

Yes we have done long week-end breaks and our next one is in Feb' You have to book your flights very early on though in order to get the cheap flights. Also the flight timings have to be worthwhile.
not sure from the UK but a few weeks ago I was looking at Air Malta prices from Duesseldorf in Germany on a Friday and say they were offering returns for €96 (£65) inc taxes leaving on Sunday and coming back the following Wednesday (or several other days). I booked it immediately. That was only 2 days before th eflight was leaving so you don't necessarily have to book way in advance. I've noticed that the prices can drop significantly a few days before if the flight doesn't look like it's going to be busy.
Hi Dave - i cant really give you any advice on wknd breaks to malta but thought it was worthwhile mentioning that Easter is at the end of March this year so you may be able to find competitive prices throughout April as opposed to just before / after Easter as would usually be the norm.
Hope you get lucky and find a good deal - have fun!!!

msc
HI there, we have done long weekend before arriving Thursday evening the itinery is
Fri all of Malta (excluding Valetta)
Sat all of Gozo
Sun all of Valetta
Mon home............................sleep :tongue
Hi Dave we have done shorter breaks twice now, both flying Wednesday night and fyling back to Mancunia on the Monday, have to say well worth every second & pound spent on the magic isle.

Regards
Sliema2
Thanks for your replys, has anybody ever stayed in any of the hotels in Valletta? and if so what are they like? but Sliema2 were is Mancunia is that the small town near Liverpuddle?

Dave
Hi

We live in Cyprus (formerly from UK near Manchester) and my parents go to Malta for holidays every February for a month. During that time, we pop across for a few days, flying from Larnaca airport on Emirates. The flight originates in Dubai and goes via Larnaca so for us, it means we get a direct flight.

We usually go for about 4 or 5 nights and have stayed in Bugibba Holiday Complex once and last year we stayed at the Topaz. We tend to try to book into the same hotel as my parents so we get to spend quality time with them.

I made our reservation for this Feb (27th Feb to 3rd March) with Sunshine.co.uk and it was cheaper than last year! We are paying a bit less than £9.50pppn for Half Board basis in a twin room. Our flights also worked out cheaper than last year too :tup

We took the bus from the airport last Feb into Valetta and then onwards from their. The previous year we took a taxi and pre-booked our return taxi (cheaper going back to the airport - but that's nothing new, is it?) with a local firm. Now Cyprus has also joined the Euro along with Malta since 1st Jan - we can decide what's the easiest option when we get there this year. If the sun is shining, we may take the bus again!

Malta has never been a favoured place in my book after working for many years with a UK tour operator before emigrating to Cyprus but, we've certainly found it is value for money with regards to eating and drinking. Cigarettes are slightly more expensive than Cyprus as are perfumes & spirits.

Looking forward to see if things have changed with the Euro....

cwb
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.