Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
You navent actualy listed what your problems were so it's hard to advise. However many forum members use a travel lawyer connected with this forum called Ros. Her detailes and telephone number you will get on this forum.

She operates on a no-win no-fee basis and has had a lot of success for members with genuine compliants.
Yes would be useful to our members to see what your complaints are.

However you will find Ros Fernihough's details HERE

Kath HT Admin
To summarise the complaints these were:

-On arriving in Cairo for a 2 night stay we were transported by a deshevilled looking minibus owned by the Longwood's subsiduary, Highwy Travel. On the motorway a fire started in the footwell of the front passenger seat....They say that the bus was always tested for health and safety....I don't believe it was safe in the first place

-We were originally booked into the Le Meridien at Giza and had been moved from there a few days before departure because of alleged building work going on there. We saw no evidence of any work being carried out there and they had far more pyramid view rooms.....(had they booked....?)

-We therefore stayed at the Sofitel (next door) and found that the pyramid view we had paid for was obscured by the boundary and the trees surrounding it. Having complained we were offered a different room (as there was also a problem with the aircon in the room) but the view was even worse. We were there 2 nights and eventually got the aircon working (engineer in the room 12.30am!) and as we were leaving there was a gardener trimming the trees so that the pyramids could actually be seen....but too late for us. The Gen Mgr of the Hotel was most keen to look after us and invited us for a compimentary meal in the restaurant which we had already booked into anyhow....we would get first class service....and the restaurant staff would know about the meal being free....but why was it then on our bill...? We settled the drinks bill on departure.

-Transfer to El Ghouna having been promised by our Longwood Rep that the Movenpick resort would be excellent...that he'd spk with his Manager to get us upgraded....Attitude of the rep from the airport to resort sucks. When we get to the resort there is no upgrade and the bed is rock hard. After much tooing and froing they appear with 3 matresses wich are for a 3/4 camp bed each about 3 inches thick. The bed itself is a king. This is not waht we expect from a 5* Resort. I could go on!

-And finally for our last night back in Luxor we are again moved to the Nile Palace from the Sonesta St George as work is being done in the SSG. We'd paid for a nile view and Longwood insisted that we had not, even though we had a confirmation from them showing that this was the case which we were able to use to champion our cause. And guess what....sitting down to eat in the restaurant at the nile palace and what do we hear????Drilling noise that was going on at the Nile Palace!!! Another case of them not having booked on our behalf I wonder??

This was a Silver Wedding anniversary special holiday which turned out to be anything but.

The great parts were completely spoiled by the rubbish service and problems which Longwood must be responsible for as our contract was with them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.