UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Elaine ... if they enjoy Crieff Hydro, then the Drimsynie House Hotel in Lochgoilhead may be worth considering. Out of the two, I have only been to the Crieff Hydro, but know folk who have been to both hotels and prefer the Drimsynie House.

http://www.argyllholidays.com/lochgoilhead-drimsynie-house-hotel.html

David :wave
I would suggest The Roman Camp in Callendar.
Hi,

Have you thought about the Borders? Peebles Hydro or it's sister hotel The Park Hotel in Peebles. The Park is just at the top of the High Street a stone's throw from the shops but with great views as well. I haven't actually stayed at the Park but can vouch for the food and service. There are many nearby attractions such as Traquair House, St. Mary's Loch and the Border Towns like Jedburgh.
Even closer to Glasgow is New Lanark Mill Hotel. There is plenty to do including Woodland Walks, Wildlife Centre, the Falls of Clyde and various buildings showing how life was in Robert Owen's time, such as Millworker's Cottages, School etc.

Let us know on the Forum what you eventually decide.

Helen
Thanks for all the replies. On Friday night hubby and I each sat on a PC and he was on to Skype his brother in New York who was also searching the net and we found some possibilities. Tonight we have booked the Lindeth Howe Hotel in the Lake District having eliminated various options including Auchrannie on Arran (we couldn't get a package including dinner and the ferry) and Peebles Hydro (hubby thought it looked too geared up for kids).
Just to update on this; hubby phoned to pay the bill a few days beforehand and asked for champagne and flowers in the room on their anniversary. He told the hotel that it was their 40th and when they turned up to check in they were upgraded to a deluxe room. They had a wonderful weekend (the weather helped) and loved the hotel.
Glad to hear your in-laws had a good time and that the hotel upgraded them. I have made a note of this hotel for my Ruby Anniversary next year, but have no-one to order Flowers or Champagne :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.