Travel News

A place to discuss news related to the travel industry
I love Shangri-La Hotels. Even though these days I prefer to stay in small boutique hotels I would happily stay in a Shangri-La. I've stayed in a Shangri-La in a number of different places and have always been happy with the touch of luxury the hotels provided. The Golden Sands sounds like a lovely hotel for families, though it is situated a little way out of the main Batu Ferringhi resort. I've visited Malaysia a few times and have stayed in Penang three times. Some great restaurants in the resort and it's fun to visit the night market.
It was the night market that appealed to me Judith 👍

Just the long haul flights put me off sadly :(
I was sure Golden Sands was in the main resort. We stayed at ParkRoyal and Golden Sands and the sister hotel -Rasa Sayang were quite close. Perhaps the resort has grown out since we were there though. We walked through both their grounds- lovely!
It's 12 years since I was last in Penang Fiona, so I am probably mixing the Golden Sands up with another hotel. I also stayed at the Park Royal twice which I remember as being a nice hotel.
The night markets made the resort in my opinion. We bought and ate there. One of my favourite pieces of jewellery came from there. The resort comes alive at night. We have talked about revisiting a few times but there is a fair bit of rain when we can go- it was mostly very late evenings but we did have some heavy showers during the day. Most just sat out as it was so humid that folks were soaked with sweat without rain!! We spent a long time in the water or drinking buckets of beer:cheers:hot
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.