Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
magaluf
9 Posts
Hi,

Magaluf is great for families as well as party animals, the beach is lovely and there are some very nice bars and restaurants along the promenade. If you are worried about it being too lively why not stay in Palma Nova next door to Magaluf? This is quieter but close enough to walk into Magalu if you fancy a livlier evening.

We have been to Palma Nova 9 times as a family so I can highly recommend it, we are going to Alcudia this year for a change. :cheers

Carol
Palma Nova would be best.fiesta sahara is good but not really for a family at that time of year.thats why its cheap.try the Hotel Sol Mirlos Tordos .themed hotel flintstones.you will have no problems there.only a short walk into Magaluf.over the hill or back road from this hotel.p/n is flat as well.choice of two beaches.all you need is near hotel.

best to base your self in p/n and walk either in day or odd night into Magaluf.trust me been going since 89.
hi thanks for the info but after speaking to saleswoman in my local thomsons(she is also a friend of th family) she has advised that the hotel fiesta sahara will be ok for familys.in april last year it was turned into a family only hotel and states in brochure that you must have at least 1 child under the age of 16 in your party to stay there.so it looks like it will be magaluf for the holidays :cheers i know the resort can be lively in some areas,just didnt want to book into a hotel that might be an 18-30club :sun2
also been told there are a few pubs near hotel that are ok for familys. we are usually back in hotel anyway around 11-12pm when the younger party goers are just going out :really

thanks again
Wow that's amazing aka unbelievable that a hotel could stipulate that you can only stay there if you have a child!!! Personally I think there are loads of resorts more suited to families than Magaluf.
well i did not know it had changed,used to be younger hotel than normal as it was cheap out of season.cannot go wrong with fiesta hotels.make sure you get your points when you check out.
plus you can eat at any fiesta hotel in that area see list below.points add up to some great offers.only you cannot use them untill next time you stay in a f/h.i have had free hols with my points over the years.
like.
tropico
jungla
magamar

24hrs needed to book it.you will join in games may be with other hotels in that area.for daytime stuff you might even go to another hotel.mainly football/beach ball.ect.nothing stopping you going to these other hotels you know.only thing is if you a.i you cannot use your bands.drinks can only be had at hotel your in.

check them out when your there.

plus forget what the brochure says you can book it on line no questions asked about kids?
Although the hotel's website doesn't mention anything regarding families only

http://www.fiestahotelgroup.com/index.php/en/hoteles/destinos/espana/mallorca_magalluf/magalluf/fresh_aparthotel_sahara/descripcion

After a little snooping it states on Thomson's site

Important Information

Please note that for summer seasons, this is a family hotel therefore any bookings not containing a child under the age of 16 yrs, may be allocated in alternative accommodation
I stayed at the Sahara a few years ago one easter and it was a mixed bunch of folk staying there, families couples and singles. We were ok at the time but the bad reviews were always in Jully/August and Thomsons stated that the younger end were more likely to be in the hotel at this time. Tropico across the road was only for families. The Tropico if I am right is now is aimed at the singles and has been renamed something rocks (like the one in Ibiza)

I am sure you will be fine in the SAhara, we had a fantastic holiday and didn`t encounter any problems.
fiesta have not sold this hotel to manumission.they just rent it to them.far as i know.its listed on the fiesta web site.so if it is the tropico.why is it still listed?.but address are same.funny.and different pictures of hotels.

Mallorca - Magalluf
o
+ Fresh Aparthotel Trópico
+ Fresh Aparthotel Jungla
+ Fresh Aparthotel Sáhara
+ Fresh Apartamentos Magamar
+ Mallorca Rocks Hotel

C/ Blanca 8, 07182 Magalluf
C/ Blanca, 8, Magaluf, 07182 Calvia
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.