General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
HI

Normally I would have said go for majorca- as weather in greece is very hit and miss in october- went to zante myself in july- and the weather was much hotter than average (so much so- i couldnt bear it- and thats coming from a woman who likes to sunbath all day!!!!) anyway...... talking to the locals they were telling me that this hot weather is suppose to go on right up until october!!!- what id do is keep my eye on temperatures- right up until booking ...then decide.

ps we have been to corfu beginning of october- and was red hot one year- the following year we booked the last week in october coming back 2 november (Last flight leaving corfu- before it shut down)- and weather that week horrendous- but..... with you wanting to go first week in october- weather been hotter than average for greece- info from locals, I think you may just get very lucky with the weather in greece this october.

ps venus hotel zante- spot on!!!

belly
Tracey, I would flip a coin as far as the weather comes into it, unless you wait a week or so before to check the forecasts before booking, but then they may be sold out.
We went to Kalamaki this summer and although I enjoyed it, can't say I would hurry back and my guess would be some places would be starting to close down in October, so too quiet for me.
My choice for the time of year out of the two would be Majorca.

Have a good one whatever you choose.....Caz
It's hit & miss at this time of year - so take your pick. For me it would be Greece evey time. We love the people, the history, the food e,t,c, but plase be aware that peoples tastes vary. We loved Kalamaki, while Cazb wasn't impressed. ~Look at the reviews and decide for yourself
I do like Zante, went to Tsilivi last year and preferred that to Kalamaki which personally I found not very pretty.
We hired a car and travelled all over, the island is lovely. It's only my opinion but I would prefer Majorca in October.

Caz
im off to the next Greek island in the Ionian chain in October [Cefalonia] usually find good weather although no promises we choose Greece over Spain in the main season
in the end picked zante,cant wait and it was a bargain 220pp for a package nice hotel, good reviews.
just checked today and it had gone up by a hundred pound.
regards tracey
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.