Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
The Confortel is EAST of the marina, maybe a mile-and-a-half distant. Luckily, for you, the hotel is just a five-minute stroll from rail stop Los Boliches. When you exit the train facing the sea, the roof of the Confortel (tallest building on the skyline) can be seen straight ahead (maybe 200 yards) of you, beachside. Can't miss it.
Be aware that at the airport it is easier to get to the rail station from the Departures level (one up from where you enter at Arrivals).
A decent guide on how to do that can be found on the link below.
http://benalmadena.homestead.com/airport.html
That's great. Thanks a lot. Prompt reply and very useful information.
Hi Tony, Wonder if you can help. We are staying at Sunset Beach Club in May and have decided to get the train rather than taxi. Having looked at the train timetable etc, I think we would be better getting off the train at Torremulle instead of Benalmadena as it looks closer on the map. So do you agree and will there be taxis there at 21:00 approx to take us on to Beach Club. Thanks Karen
Hi Karen. No, don't get off the train at Torremuelle (no taxi rank there). If you are coming from the airport, get off at the stop before - Benalmadena/Arroyo de la Miel (one and the same station). You'll see the taxi rank on your right immediately as you exit the station. At that time there should be absolutely no problem geting a cab. Fare to Sunset Beach should be no more than eight euros.
Tony.
Hi,Can anyone tell me how much it costs in taxi from malaga airport to torremolinos 3 of us going.Thanks
It's only a short journey taking about 10 minutes. The airport taxis have
a minimum charge of €15 (more after 10:30pm) so a taxi should not cost
any more than that for all 3 of you.
My daughter in law, grandaughter (3) and myself are staying at the Torremolinos Beach Club in August. What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel please? Would there be a long wait for a taxi and do we need to think about child safety seats? Any advice appreciated.
  • Edited by David 2009-04-08 12:56:14
    Merged with existing topic
I have just returned from Benalmadena and have to say that anyone who gets a taxi from the airport is daft. There was 2 of us and we paid some ridiculous sum of 2.90 euro for both of us from the airport to Benalmadena. The train is opposite the airport about a 5 min walk and trains are frequent. On the way home we did the same again and the train journey was 17 mins
Wev,e been to the Beach Club 3 times and are going again in a couple of weeks and a Taxi to me is the best way to get to Airport its cheap takes less than 10 mins and is approx 15 euros cheaper than Transfers and thats for the taxi not per person, Holiday company wanted to charge us 25 euros each "There having a laugh" ( at holidaymakers expense )
Hi.

I've just booked a short break in La Carihuela in July. We arrive at Malaga at around 8.00 pm at night and are hoping to the get train into either Benalmadena or Torremolinos.

Could anyone please advise which will be the nearest station to La Carihuela, and also does the train start from the airport or do we have to go into Malaga itself?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Elaine
There is a station at the airport. Take your luggage trolley with you to the station
which is a few minutes walk away, over a foot-bridge and down a ramp.

The section from the airport to Malaga city is closed at the moment so there is no
possibilty of you getting a train going in the wrong direction. 'Aeropuerto' is the end
of the line until 25th May. It is to do with construction work for the second runway.

A.M.
The nearest train station to La Carihuela is Montemar Alto, but although I have read that there is now a taxi rank there, I have not had this confirmed. Unless, and until, it is, I'd suggest getting off the train at Torremolinos, and taking a taxi to Carihuela from there. Shouldn't cost much. Ten euros with luggage, I'd guess.
Ellaine if you are travelling light you could walk from Montemar Alto station but it will take you around 10/15 mins down hill walk. We were at Montemar in April and didn`t see a taxi rank but it was a short visit to the park there so we could have missed it.
Thanks for your replies. We will only have one case on wheels Christine, we're used to walking, so may give it a try. Staying at the Hotel La Luna Blanca, which is set back, about 10 minutes walk from the beach, so will have to get my map out!!!! Thanks again
Elaine when you get off the train there is a bar and a shop next to a kids playground. If you want to grab a drink before your walk down to your hotel. You will then cross over a bridge and carry on walking down hill, you will then come to the busy main road. Opposite side is a short incline to the beach. We have never used the train for transfers but used it loads whilst in Benalmadena.

ps don`t forget to get your tickets before you get on the train.
Christine, looking at the location of La Luna Blanca hotel, I think she would be better getting off the train at El Pinillo.
The hotel is set in a residential area and nearer El Pinillo station than Montemar Alto, but I can see why you said Montemar Alto when the poster said La Carihuela.
Put it this way, I would get off at El Pinillo. :wink:
Elaine, I have sent you a pm with a detailed map showing the quickest route.

Sanji
Thanks Christine and Sanji for your much appreciated advice. :)

Have printed your PM off Sanji, thank you. One last question, we will be landing at 7.45pm. Is the route from the station well lit or do you think we'd be better off getting a taxi?

Thanks again

Elaine
I've replied via pm, but the route I've done on the map from El Pinillo station, these are major roads and are lit, and the longest day is the 21st June, so it won't be getting dark until 10pm(ish) and it never gets pitch black anyway.
Keep to the pavements by the side of the major roads and then follow my instructions to the hotel after crossing over the road at the first roundabout going down the hill , just passed the small park which will be on your right hand side.
If by a miracle you do see a taxi at El Pinillo station, jump in it, it won't cost much, but you have an alternative now to decide what you want to do.

I'm going 3 weeks on Tuesday and no doubt we will be going to Fuengirola, so I'll get off the train at El Pinillo and check the taxi situation out for you....if I remember that is.!

Sanji
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.