Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
A useful website is weather underground here. Once you have put in your destination there is a useful tool called trip planner. If you enter the dates you are going then you will get the weather history. All will be pleasant weather wise. The Maldives has a higher rainfall than the other two but several members have been at this time and had no problems.
The Seychelles is probably more scenic than Mauritius. Some of my relatives have just returned from Mauritius and were a little surprised with what they saw- you have to remember that there is a lot of poverty there.
All have some great accomodation but I think the Maldives is the choice of more honeymooners :D . Have a look at some of our reviews here. Hope this helps while you are waiting for members who have been to any of these places during the summer. :D
Thanks very much. I will do that.
Cheers
Hello

We had wedding (and anniversary) in the Seychelles in Nov 2003 and 2004 and we loved it!!!
Now we are planning our holiday for this November. My husband would love to go to the Seychelles again but I wanted to see something different and it looks that we will be going to the Maldives this time.

What do you want from you holiday? We chose Seychelles because we don't like to lay on the beach all day (that's why I am little bit worried about Maldives, but I want to see them before they dissapear under the sea). My husband loves fishing and he did that every evening from the rocks by the hotel. I wanted to see giant tortoises - they are so lovely!

Did you think which island in the Seychelles you would like to go to?
My daughter got married in the Seychelles and went on to Mauritius for the second week.She prefered the Seychelles but people we met liked Mauritius best due to better service in the hotels.I must be the only person in the world who wasnt impressed with the Seychelles!.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.