Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Oooh - how long is a piece of string. Big and active with lots to do, people to pass at the bar etc - or quiet and intimate like a 2nd honeymoon, relaxing and restorative? :sun2 decisions, decisions

Why don't you consider a two centre to get the best of both. Kuredu and Komandoo springs to mind as a good contrast betwen large and active and small and laid back (with VERY short travelling time between to prevent too much hassle mid-holiday) , but there are plenty of options around
Stacey, I'm sure you're looking in the right area if you think you might be bored. I would then definitely look at a larger island (sun island is the largest in the maldives) as it has plenty of activities although not too much in the way of organised activities or entertainment al a all inclusives in the caribbean.

Also, if you love the peace and quiet it'll give you an excuse to go back to a smaller island.

Our maldives holidays will be a thing of the past for a while as our daughter is just 5 months old, so we're off to Menorca this year!! How things change!

Tracy
After lots (& I mean lots) of research, we've decided on Meeru Island.

Same price as Sun Island, but rooms look much nicer, scheduled flights & better dates, for the same price!!!
i dont know if this is any help Kuramathi is 2 kms and we upgraded which was a mistake as was long walk every day to bars, shops, restaraunts, we want into diving but ended up loving it and man do you see some things you wish you had not under the water. leave that for you to discover. but best advice i can give is kuramathi is beatuiful and stunning but i would think about swimming away if i had to do 14 days there. the accomodation when upgrading is just a hut in the jungle for want of a better word , the huts on the beach are cheaper and more local to everything and better in construction and design. a brilliant holiday a lovely island but sun island is far more advanced and more to do .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.