Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
If it was me..I'd rent a car for three days, and stay in a hotel in Salou.

Trains are possible, but would involve changing trains at Barcelona Sants (and if you get the wrong one..you'll spend along time tring to get back on track...sorry no pun intended !)

With a car you'll have alot more freedom to take the journey at your leisure and stop off here and there if you wish.

Obviously the easiest route is the A7 Autoroute, but expect quite a few Tolls so bring along a good bit of change with you...its not expensie..but its handy to have the change for them.

Good luck..

Tom
It's a fairly easy drive, motorway all the way virtually. Some strange toll systems though where you literally do less than a mile between some toll booths and pay ridiculaous amounts like 35 cents tolls.

At one of the booths we were let off a 5 euro toll because our lad was earing his Barcelona shirt and the toll booth chappie was a Barca fan!
Thanks for the advice guys. Mabe be better hiring a car and get to see a bit of spain as I drive. Cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.