Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
All the water parks have areas for small children, there is a dolphin show at La Pineda. But we did find the water park at Port Aventura very open with not enough shade.

There is a "Road train" that goes around Salou which can also be used for sight seeing.

The best way to Barcelona is by Train, that way the children can move around. From station in middle of Salou
Can anyone offer me advice as to other nice places to visit on the train from Salou?
Costa Cariba water park is better for little ones, as Aquapolis has a lot of ride single slides and height restrictions.

Also if your fellas do the Neu Camp, I am sure Barcelona Zoo will keep the little ones amused and then you have the biggest shopping centre there also.
We enjoyed going to Tarragona for the day, it is one of two stops on the train from Salou. It's a Spanish town rather than a tourist town. It is down to what you like to do as a family, it isn't a tourist trap type place it's a more authentic experience so not for those looking for manmade attractions. We wandered round and soaked up the atmosphere, went on the beach for a few hours and had lunch out. We also went on a mini-train that goes around the main sites of interest that has a narrated guide on it, explaining what the particular buildings, churches etc were/are.

If you fancy a change of scenery you can also go to Cambrils for the day by train, but we never got round to this.
Hi there,

Would you consider hiring a car ? .. even a normal 5 seater, as its fairly cheap and you'd have alot more freedom to o where you please at your own pace ..even into Barcelona.

A good day out is a Boat trip from Cambrils
... theres the usual glass bottomed ones which stop at Cambrils, Salou and La Pineda - which means you can get on at one and off at another !

.... another trip is the large Sailing Catamaran which leaves at 2 times and goes along the south coast for roughly 3 hours. The price can include for drink and food.

.... and the final one is on a larger wooden sailing boat which has a resturaunt on board. This is a bit dearer, but from what I've heard is the best value. It runs on a limited times though, so you'll have to check locally.

Tom
Hi there,

I am going to Salou in early september. There'll be two of us (2 adults). We're intending to visit Port Aventura and Barcelona (no shortage of info on this). We'd also like to go to Cambrils etc. There seems to be a lot of mention of boat trips but no mention of price. We'd like to do some kind of boating activity but nothing too expensive. What are the options? More importantly what are the prices? Any other suggestions of day-time activities for 2 young adults? Also where (aside from Barcelona) can we go shopping? Not for postcards and beach accessories etc but where would we find the likes of cosmetics / handbags etc? Any must see attractions / activities? Any help would be appreciated.

:cheers
As far as shopping is concerned Tarragona is a sizeable town with lots of shops and a shopping centre.
Lots of nice things to see in the old town, and a large roman amphitheatre.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.