Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Something similar happened to us. We had used a secure parking place in Edinburgh, while we went for a holiday to Tenerife last year.

The car park itself didn't look very secure (I think it was new and still being developed). Although it did have an alsatian on patrol, which came up to me to be petted and fed with my sandwiches.

We left the car and went on holiday. On return, the bus dropped us off and we went straight to the car, because the keys were in it. Apparently the keys were in it for the whole week since we dropped it off. They had locked them in it. They were hoping we would have a spare set ( I usually do, but, sods law, this time I didn't). They proceeded (3 men) to stick bits of metal through the top of the window to try and lift the latch, but it didn't work. Then they started yanking at the door and tried to pull the window down. When that didn't work, they started trying to lift the rubber seal round the windows, then they told us the best thing would be for us to BREAK the window (this way, they wouldn't be to blame for the damage!). I asked them if I could call the police, as time was getting on and we had to get back down to Ayr. When I did call the police and explained what had happened, the police said, thjey couldn't help, but don't let them damage your car, it is up to them to get you home safely and get the car back for you. In the end, they got one of their men to give us a lift home, when we got home, we gave him the spare set of keys and off he went. He returned our car to us the next morning. When I told my husband that I wanted to take this further, because there was damage to the car at the seals and round the door and also paint chipped where they were using the wire to gain entry, he said he didn't think it was worth the hassle. So, I think they got off lightly. I will never use that company again. I can't even remember their name (maybe just as well!)
Thanks for replying, I think the company you are talking about are Scotpark I have used them before and found them to be ok, but your right they do leave your keys in the car. This whole thing is just really annoying as it seems these companies can get away with murder, and thousands of people each year must suffer extra cost and hassel getting there cars repaired when they paid to leave them in a secure parking environment.

Cheers Alan
That name rings a bell. It was either Scotpark or Flyaway Parking. I think they have car parks at Glasgow as well, cos we used them previously, thats why we decided to use them in Edinburgh
Returned from holiday 27 May 2005 I collected my keys and went to pick up car.... upon collection I noticed scratches on the door ... on closer inspection it was apparent that the wheels of another vehicle had brushed up close against it as black tyre marks were also present. I reported this back to the office and someone came to check this and also took photos ..... then to my complete surprise he (jobsworth) told me in a smug sort of way that my car was in this state when I dropped it off (showing a card with a drawing and a 'X' marking the damage) ..... this is an absolute terrible lie and disgrace .... I cleaned the vehicle prior to our departure and would have noticed any discrepancies in the paint work .... this is my wifes car and she is now terribly upset by the whole episode
I emailed my complaint the following day and it took two and a half weeks to get a response. I eventually received a letter stating that I had brought the car in damaged. This company is a total joke and should be investigated.
when we returned off holiday nearly two weeks ago we had no problems with airparks at all.
we only had to wait 10mins for the shuttle bus and as soon as we got to the carpark, our car was collected and off we went. no damage no hassle.
my dad says he'll use them again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.