Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
My wife and I were in these apartments about four years ago. We had a one bedroomed apartment. They were your usual basic apartments but it was clean and tidy and we would certainly use them again.
There seems to be a number of blocks of these apartmens scattered around Cala Blanca and we enjoyed the peace and quiet of one of these blocks.
Where the centre apartments are is very nice with a good pool.
There are a number of nice restaurants with some overlooking the beach, which is around 5 to 10 minutes walk at most - memory does not serve me well.
Have a great time :)
hi john m57
Thank you so much for the info as I was a bit worried I had read some mixed reports on the apts.
As long as they are clean that is all I care about.
We stayed at the Maribel Apartments last September. Our apartment was in one of the central blocks. Spacious, clean, had a large terrace. When we reported a dripping tap in the kitchen, it was replaced the next day. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Nice pool and bar at the front of the apartment complex. Our one gripe was the noise. A majority of flats are above restaurants or bars, all of which have large TVs and play music all day till late. So if you like getting to sleep before the wee small hours, you're out of luck.
There's a bus-stop right outside the complex, buses every half hour or so into Ciutadella, takes about ten minutes. If you stay out late (last bus about 11pm), a taxi back is only about 7 euros. Plenty of mini-supermarkets on the complex with everything you need. If you want to save a bit of money, there's a supermarket on the outskirts of Ciutadella that's a bit cheaper.
The beach is only about ten minutes walk away. Round the beach are plenty of bars and restaurants if you want a change away from what's on offer in the complex.
We enjoyed our time there. It's clean, compact, friendly. But definitely not quiet.
Hi Eviljock
Sounds like the apartments will be fine for us. I am a bit concerned about the noise but I will try not to let it worry me. There are 6 of us going to a 2 bed apt 3 adults and 3 kids ages 14,9 and 8 and we can usually sleep through mose things.The fact that you can confirm they are ok it fine with me.
Glad about the buses being close by.
thanks
This is a fantastic place to stay!!
We went last July and had the best family holiday! My little daughter still dances around the garden singing Spanish songs from the childrens mini-disco which is on just about every night, with Poppi the clown leading all the kids through songs like Aga-Doo and Music Man.
We had a children less week in Malta recently, and loved it, but have already decided that the Maribel in Cala Blanca is definitely up for another family visit very soon!
The apartment we had backed onto the main strip where the bars, restaurants and shops were but even though it got a bit noisy late at night it was nothing excessive that stopped us having plenty of sleep before the next days adventures!
The swimmimng pool is great, the beach nearby is small but nice, but the bus stops right outside the complex and you can easily get to other great places. ENJOY!!!
HI Sandywood
THank you so much for the wonderful report on the maribel apts. It sounds like we have landed on our feet and are going to have a marvelous holiday.
MY mum is coming with us and it is nice to know that the bus stop is not too far for her too walk.
I wonder if you could confirm how close the beach is to the apartments. I really do hope it is no longer than a 5 min walk.
thanks again :) :) :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.