Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Marina suites
48 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem with sun loungers, we were there last July and plenty of sun loungers. These are without doubt the best apartments we have EVER stayed at, and are headed back on 2nd July [ fifteen days and counting ]. does anyone have an up to date e mail address for them, have tried the one listed previously on here but not had confirmation of receipt ?
Advised yesterday that building work is starting on 1st July for up to six weeks to install solar heating panels on the roof, but disruption should be minimal
Thanks....let me know about the umbrellas please!!! I only go abroad for the family, am so pale and need to hide it is awful not to be able to get any shade! Anywhere else to hide in the shade by the pool? Hope you had a good break!
Suzyyy, sorry for delay in replying. Firstly had a great break relaxing in the sunshine and doing very little.
To answer your question there are a few parassols, wouldn't say in total there was any more than 15 or so at the entire pool area.
If however you sit on the raised area furtherest from the pool there are canopies with sunbeds under them. These are also over beside the jacuzzis. Can't imagine why you would want to go there and not lie and bake in the Canarian sunshine.

Enjoy your break..... I'm jealous already :wink:
Cheers! Reason I need shade is because I am lily white and BURN really easily! My family however, take after the dad...he has argentinian blood and and they all tan beautifully. Bah!

It wrecks my break if I can't get shade! Do the shaded canopy areas get loads of people on them? Or is it easy to get these? Thanks for reply...glad you enjoyed it!

P.S Any other tips?
Are there any other travel agents that i can book the Marina Suites with other than First Choice as they don't have the flight i'm looking for??
try alpharooms they do rooms only and you can book your flight seperate. or try the hotel direct
Just booked up for next summer yet again :D
Wouldn't touch First Choice pricing with a barge pole and gone direct to Marina suites for a price :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.