Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Just looked at the photos, they're fab. Did you stay at the Atlas Hotel?
We are staying in a riad in the medina but I was looking for a heated hotel pool to use for an afternoon for my son. Any ideas?

Laurence
yes we stayed at the atlas hotel, cant help with the heated pool as we left the kids at home, but we realised afterwards that was a mistake as i know my little daughter would have loved marrakech, with the horse and cart and open top bus trips etc
What time of year did you go and did you have good weather?

Laurence
we went in jan this year and had lovely weather infact i took autumn to winter clothes as expected cool weather when infact it was sun bathing weather around 70 ish. we are going next jan to tunisia not sure if we will get as good weather as we did in morocco
One last question....... :roll: sorry..........
Are credit cards accepted or did you use mostly cash?

Thankyou
Laurence
didnt try credit cards, i think cash would be easier as its tricky to even find their currency, its not like turkey where you can change everywhere, change places are very limited
We are off next week (came around quickly). Think I have sorted what to wear lol. Is it true that you can only get their currency in the country?
yes carrie that is true and not a lot of places accept sterling and change money ,we were lucky our hotel did it for us , we were advised to change some at the airport before we went into marrakech which we did
a good cheap place for eating is Chez Chegrouni, right overlooking Jem El Fnaa, good tajines , harirra etc, really good prices and views over the squuare,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.