Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
hi jayl

have passed dunas suites many a times on the way to maspalomas beach, you are about a 20 min walk from there. They look a very nice complex to stay and if you log onto http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk and go to taylor made hollidays put in as if you are looking for holl at dunas suites and photo's are there looks really nice.
Resturants are really nice around that area, you have got the FARO 2 10 mins walk approx with nice resturants and bars depends what sort you like, if you like a lively bar and good music can recommend the BANANA BAR in the FARO 2, MICHAEL ANGELOS top floor is a nice resturant be prepared for a fair wait as all food is prepared and cooked from fresh. On the Maspalomas beach you have the boulavard which is full of bars and resturants which are slighty more up-market but are not that expensive. and there is a nice view overlooking the sea. I notice from previous posts that you are thinking of going to MOGAN on market day, we also went there on market day (Friday) and quite a few busses passed us on the bus stop packed and didnt even stop, eventually the bus company put another bus on from HOLLIDAY WORLD, I think the bus goes directly to MOGAN ten to the hour, with buses going to PUERTO RICO more frequently and then you can from there get a bus to or ferry MOGAN, it was very busy there but worth the trip, we came back on the ferry and then caught the bus from PUERTO RICO back. I think a taxi to PUERTO RICO would be quite expensive. Anything else on that area you want to know and if I can help no problem.
Another forum which I find useful is http://www.canaryforum.com
Hope this helps, and have a brill time.
Hi TWINKY - WINKEY, thank you, thank you for the information. Just a few more questions. Can you remember the bus number from Holiday World to Mogan?. Is the market in Mogan or Puerto Mogan?. Finally in your opinon approx how long will it take us to walk to Holiday World from Dunas Suite?. We are a family of 4, children aged 9 &12 yrs.
I've added this accommodation to our review site.

If anyone has stayed here please add your review by Clicking Here

Many Thanks
hi jayl, if the duna suites is where I think it is next to the Maspalomas Princess it should take you about 20 mins. Do you know that area at all?
The dunas suites are on the dried up river and if you follow it up you will come out not far off Holliday World, not sure of the number of the bus and their web add is http://www.globalsu.net you might find info there, a taxi to holliday world would'nt be more that 3 euros.

Resturants:- EL GAUCHOS in PDI is a very nice place with fab food, its behind the big church by the KASBAH, if you fancy trying tipical canarian food try EL LABRADOR it is a short taxi ride 5 euros just up past PALAMITOS PARK (which is a really nice day out for the kids) it is partly open air with lemon trees and tables and stools like something out of the flintstones, take something warm it can be quite chilly up there.
Anything else just ask.
Hello TWINKY - WINKEY, A big thank you again. This is our 1st visit to GC, Maspalomas. Therefore all information greatly appreciated. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.