Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
We're off to Tenerife in 3 weeks. We thought about the Paraiso Dunas but I'm now glad we never booked it. Sounds like they've got some good ideas, but they're either behind schedule, or were too keen to open and get some money in. Might be an option for the future though!
:? I've read the reviews with interest, being forewarned will make for the better hol. Will not expect to much and therefore it can only be better than I fear! We arrive on the 18th of Jan for a ten day stay, if your going to Dunas Paraiso during that period lookout for Jill and Keith, English speaking and friendly. :D
I'm booked to go to this hotel In Feb. I don't think the reviews are too bad I booked thru Medhotels and did consider cancelling. We were at The Bahia Principe Last Feb and paid about £960 for 2 adults and 2 kids 1 week A/I but this year the cheapest I can find is about £1350 for the same time. Don't know why it's so much more expensive this year. So I have decided to stick with Dunas Paraioso. We booked months ago and it's only costing £760 for 2 adults 2 kids. Hopefully they will have sorted out the problems by then.
Jilly-- I would love a review of the hotel once you get back.
:D You have got a bargain. We paid £200 more, we are staying ten days but have no children. You will definately get honest feedback, always the optimist even when pessimistic! :wink:
Hi
I am booked to go to the Dunas Paraiso on Feb4th for 1 week. When you read the blurb it says the lobby bar is shut at 8.00 and you have to go in to the disco is this true?. Also are any of the pools heated as I do not quite understand what climatised means? I also stayed at the Bahia Principe last year and found everything fab except the bar of the evening noise was terrible not realxing at all. But I think would be fab in the summer when evenings are warm
:lol:
Sorry did not add that I booked through Broadway Travel and they were £90 cheaper than Med if its any help. But I still payed £900 for 1 weekA1 as I did not book this till yesterday
Hi Denise 2005, how many of you going and did price include flights etc.?
Hi Jilly
2 Adults and 2 Kids in a Junior Suite with Sea view

By the way talked to the agen this morning and he has confirmed that the 2 themed restaurants are still not up and running they are awaiting parts for the kitchens and they are not hopefull that they will be open begining of Feb when I planned to go.
He has done me a great deal on the Bahia Principe with a junior suite for 120 pounds so I am going to go there as I Know its a good hotel and next door to the Dunas Paraiso :roll:
Denise
I can't work out what you mean from your last post. Have you cancelled Dunas Paraiso and now going to Bahia Principe. And what do you mean about £120.
PS dunas Paraiso is not next to Bahia Principe, it's on the opposite side of Playa Paraiso.
Hi spyro
yes i Have cHanged Hotels as tHey Have confirmed tHemed restaurants not operating and all clients Have to use one restaurant. did not want to get caugHt up in queues. also one of tHe nice parts of tHe tHemed restaurants is tHat tHey are ala carte and more relaxed. yes i Have cHanged Hotels to tHe baHia prinicpe for an additional £120 pounds. tHis Hotel give you 3 ala carte meals a week (instead of tHe one). also as i Have said before did stay tHere last year and was fab. tHey Have a really large Heated pool wHicH does make all tHe difference tHis time of year. i did not originally book tHis Hotel because witH all tHe tour operators it was £700 a week more. (out of my budget) but broadway travel seem to Have tHe contacts also tHey managed to get me fligHts from bristol wHere none of tHe otHers Had been able (and good times)
i was dunas was next to baHia but it does not botHer me if it is tHe otHer side as tHere is notHing round tHere anyway. can you let me know exactly wHere abouts it is so i know wHeni get tHere
tHanks denise
Do not know what happeneD to my reply above lookeD fab on my machine but turneD out gobbly gook when posteD. let me know if you cannot unDerstanD.
the last part was reaD i was tole Dunas was next to bahai i Dont minD as the area is baron but woulD appreicate Directions for arrival :roll:
If you go from the bahIa prIncIpe thru playa paraIso Its the last hotel on the coast north of the town.
glad you changed hotels, thats one less famIly In the queues for us. :wInk:
i take it that if you put a capital letter in a post then it continues to be a capital every time you type it.

might be a bit like this maybe?
Hi spyro, Hi lesley, been reading tHe conversation between you. am i getting appreHensive... not mucH! i tHink lesley you've done tHe correct tHing to cHange Hotels, tHe offer was to good. spyro and i will Have to grin and bare it! i will probably regret tHis booking as Hubby Hates queues especially at "tHe bar"!!! will keep you posted warm regards jilly
Hi All
Just spoke to a freind who is out at Playa Paraiso at the moment he went down the the Dunas to have a look for me. He said it looked fab very swish (did not know about the restauarnt then). He is going to go back and have another look for me in a few days (will let you know). But he did say the hotel looked good. Maybe I should not have changed. I would be really interested in your feed back when you return and I will check it out when I am there 8) 8)
Jilly,

We were never booked for Dunas, we just looked it up at the time, but ended up booking the same one we went to last year. I couldn't get any info on the dunas, and then later realised it wasn't even open yet.

I think it will be a great hotel, once they sort everything out. Meanwhile, I'm sure most aspects will be fine. I could cope with a buffet only as long as they had something I liked. I'm veggie and normally find something, even if it's a chip roll and salad!!
Have been reading the posts with interest as we're booked to go on 4th Feb. I raised concerns with Airtours Direct who contacted Airtours office in Tenerife. They said that there is only one restaurant open at the moment but they expect the other one to be open in a week or so. The initial problems that they had with electricity and water have been sorted out. They have had no complaints from their customers at the hotel. We were tempted to swop to a different hotel but think we'll stick at the Dunas - fingers crossed. :?
just got back from this fantastic hotel, can not fault the hotel,but the location is a taxi ride to near by resorts, but hotel as free bus during the day to las americas,make sure u ask for a sea/pool veiw , an not a mountain veiw, loads of sunbeds ,free towels,waiters very friendly, this hotel next year will be a five star
hi there

cameron did you manage to take any pictures of the hotel, if so i would love to see any that would make my wife's heart stop racing so much worrying about what we are going to get on arrival

you would think in my job she would trust me a little more that she does but hey ho thats women for you :lol:

i have been in contact with the managment and asure me that all hotels facilities will be f ull open mid febuary so be the time i go in april all will be well.

also did you get a map of the location of the hotel in terms of the resort is it close to bahia principe or the other side

i have never bean to playa paraiso before but few clients of mine have said its the next big thing and are actually having apts built at the moment so who knows in 5yrs this will be the new adeje

many thanks

andy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.