Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Julie,

there are actually a couple of options.

You can have your regular dinner on the beach. The waiters will take your normal dinner table from the dining room and put in on the beach outside under the palm trees and decorate your table with a flower arrangement - we did this for my husbands birthday and they even wrote happy birthday in coloured sand on the table. As you still eat the regular meal they serve in the restaurant all you pay is a set up charge which was $15 (£8).

You can also have a special al a carte meal served by waiters with a special menu which I believe is served at the swimming pool end of the Island - cost is around $45 per person.

lastly you can have a sunset dinner on a deserted Island where you go off with 3 or 4 other couples before sunset, have a glass od champagne as you watch the sunset and then have dinner on a private table on the beach - cost was $69 per person. We signed up for this but it didn't get run because not enough people signed up which was a shame as it was actually going to be run on my husbands birthday (they only do this once a week) so instead we just had the first option above and had a bottle of champagne instead.

Tracy
Hi Tracey, nice to hear from you again. Did you have a nice weekend away? i think we will just have the meal on the beach. It sounds nice enough to us. I am getting well prepared. I have already bought the flight socks and sun-lotions. I have gone for the piz buin once a day. :lol: :)
Hi Julie,

We had a lovely weekend, thanks for asking. The weather was fantastic for 3 of the 4 days (had rain the other day). Got really burnt the first day and had to go and buy some factor 15 lotion at a shop! but came back with a great tan considering it was only for 3 days.

Didn't want to come home really and I can't wait now until we go to Cuba - 6 weeks this Wednesday ! Can't think about lily Beach yet - excitement would know no bounds if i did !

Think you've made a good decision re the meal - the food in the restaurant is great anyway and you can spend the money you've saved on a couple of bottles of wine or champagne which is very reasonably priced.

Tracy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.