Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi
Mediterranean Palace is a fantastic location.
Right in the middle of loads of shops and restaurants. Near the beach.
Only about 10 to 15 minute walk to the pubs and clubs.
Excellent... than you :)
Mediterranean Palace is a lovely hotel jillian106. Stayed there many,many times. :) Lovely pool area for sunbathing and just across the road from the Safari Centre,with the lovely shops and Restaurants. There are not too many lively bars for you younger ones in the area,but as beccafcr said not too far to walk! :) There's Harry's bar and Bianco's bar at the Safari Centre,who do lovely cocktails etc. Nice for pre dinner drinks before you hit the bars and clubs later. :lol:
???You might also want to try the row of Bars etc. at Parque de la Paz,directly behind Americas Plaza,which is the other Centre across the road from the Mediterranean Palace.
Enjoy it! :)
I would have said the main area of Veronicas is a little more than 15 minutes walk away, nearer 30 minutes but plenty of bars along the way for a pit stop.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Thanks everyone... sounds great!! like the idea of the pitt stops on the way :D I always like to know what im expectin when we get there so thanks for your info everyone... 3weeks today.. woop woop!!
Hi jillian ... in case you haven't already seen them, we have lots of reviews of the Mediterranean Palace ... please click here to read them.

David :wave
There is a great bar called Soul Suite on the strip of bars under the Parque de la Paz - come out of the Med Palace, cross over the road and walk up the road to the right of the shopping centre (is that the Safari?) There are quite a few bars along there if you don't fancy walking to Veronicas oe night.
Hi jillian..just to say, the majority of bars in that whole area go quiet around midnight and being 19 you'll more than likely prefer to carry on with your nights out along towards Veronicas/Starcos area. :)
There's also Buba (BarUniounDeAmericas) bar next to Hotel Tenerife Princess...at the back of Parque Santiago 5,where the Supermercado and Mini Golf are....really nice bar that stays open until the small hours and has a small dance floor and D.J. Mixed ages and nationalities with a slightly more Spanish feel about it. :)
We decided to go away for a week in January 2008 and i've been looking at this hotel but when I went on their website I couldn't get any prices or availability :roll:
Does anyone know why?
Or if anyone has any other suggestions for a nice hotel in January i'd appreciate it.

So nobody has any clue about this hotel?
May choose somewhere else then.....

Thanks to everyone who looked at my post though :)
Lexie I think perhaps you should give members a chance to read your post three hours is not a long time really. Sometimes posts can be answered in minutes but it can also take days you must remember that not all the members read the posts every day of the week and the ones who have read it may not have stayed at the hotel.
Lexie,
Their website is http://www.expogrupo.com It will allow you to book online there.
ClaireT
Stayed there myself once, hotel is nice but if i had the option i would choose one of their sister hotels within the complex. Maybe Cleopatra/Sir Anthony within the Mare nostrum resort, these are more modern.

Nice big pool area at Med Palace and its right on the beach, also has nudist sun terrace if you are that way inclined.

Hotel in excellent location, sometimes cheaper to book with online sites or teletext rather than direct, but you can always try either.
Thanks for info..........it's appreciated!

allmen.............guess I'm just a little impatient :lol:
Med Beach is excellent More 4 star than 5 to be honest but quality is still there as others have said the "Cleopatra " is newer and nicer but a couple of hundred a week more based on B+B once you have stayed there you will get free upgrades the following time tho

for a cheaper 1st time try have a look at " http://www.alpharooms.com " excellent discounts and I can personaly recomend them as reliable and honest as we have used them many times for just the 2 of us and also groups of upto 28 adults

May I also recomend the " Hotel laspalmeros " H10 group and for new year week £1200 all inclusive for 2 adults thru alpharooms.com ( Please note tho all alpharooms bookings are PLUS Flights )

Our 1st time at Med Beach was 3 years ago for our 35th wedding anniversary and £800 for the week 400 for B+B and 400 for the flight mid July we are going back again this christmas and new year appx 1200 each plus flights for 2 weeks
I have read that the Celo is being refurbished, but don't know how long it will last (or if it is happening!)

You may find that booking through a travel agent/tour operator would get you a better deal than booking direct (Speaks one who worked in the hotel industry for donkey's years..............)
Didn't hear anything about Cleo being refurbished, we are going there in April next year as we couldn't get Sir Anthony - it is being refurbished and will be closed April May and June next year.
Just hope Cleopatra doesn't disappoint. :?
Please read my post on hotel reviews re Med Pal.
Sir Anthony is closing for three months, early 2008. Work "should" be completed on the other three by then. As for the rooms at Med Pal this will be a long job, I have seen the new ones on level 6, they are 5*. At the present time the remainder of rooms in this hotel are tired to say the least. Great location, fab pool, beach on doorstep.
Do not book direct, too dear, use the internet, the cost can be halved, then book flights seperate.
Nudist area now gone, it's called "Chill Out" 15euro pp a day, includes 1 alcoholic, 1 fruit drink, nibbles, robes,slippers and plunge pool. grat day to be pampered.
Will do Pebble thanks.
I 've already booked for Cleopatra Palace, I'm hope I'm not disappointed as I really wanted Sir Anthony. I always find can get cheaper rate booking direct with the hotel.
What sites are you talking about? I've tried most of them and they always turn out dearer.
:o
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.