Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Meedhupparu
3 Posts
I'm inclined to agree with you Arcanon. Having been to the Maldives twice before we stayed on Meedhuparu we were very much looking forward to it. We were sorely disappointed... Although we found the staff to be mainly very nice, our room was pleasant enough (although they are very close together) and we were only a few steps from the beach, the actual island was, in our opinion, over developed. I would not recommend this island, in fact, would advise anyone thinking of booking it to steer clear.

We spent a few evenings in the main bar taking advantage of the all-inclusive drinks, however, I think it was only one evening that we actually managed to get seats actually in the bar area - woefully inadequate for the number of visitors - other evenings were spent on the seating around the pool venturing up to the bar as and when, which was ok except when it rained!

I can't remember much about the food which makes me think it was adequate at best.

Next time I go I will go back to Kurumathi. We went there on our first visit and liked it so much we went back. The first time we got a great deal on a water bungalow (worked out expensive though as it was only RB), 2nd time all-inclusive in Coconut Village.
Am thinking of going to Meedhupparu this year any comments would be welcome please Is the seaplane transfer included in the price
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.