Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
This is probably the rush of water that occasionally flows up into the harbour at Ciutadella.It's a bit like the severn bore(spelling?).
hi we are going to cala n bosch on monday and have been checking the weather reports and it looks like a wash out and now a tsunami!!!!! can it get any worse. Think i will leave the sun cream at home and take my brolly and wellies instead :cry:
Definitely take the Sun creme. It's mid June and the sun index is very high at this time of year. Don't get hung up on weather forecasts - thunderstorms usually don't last long anyway and often never even happen when they forecast them well in advance. At this time of year you are unlikely to have a whole week of bad weather and we all know how accurate weather forecasts are don't we - yeah right ! So don't fret, ignore them all and have a great holiday. I'm sure the sun will shine far more than those forecasts might have you think. 8)
Hi, we got back from Calan Forcat night, the weather has been boiling hot for the last few days, the only bad day we had was on Saturday when England played. As for the Tsunami yes it was very windy that night in Calan Forcat but ok the day after. The only downside is that Menorca is very expensive which means we would not go back and a word of warning to any smokers going to Calan Forcat, you cannot buy cigarettes anywhere in the resort, even the machines are usually empty, you have to travel to Ciutadella for them and that shop is closed on Mondays.
Cheers Helen
Just got back from Sa Caletta on Friday. Had a good holiday even though the weather was unpredictable. Saturday had no sun atall, and it was very windy in the time we were there. Regarding the mini tsunami, well the night it happened luckily we were not down the harbour in Cuitadella. It happened at about 9pm and took seconds to damage the harbour. The locals told us that although nobody was hurt, all the boats in the harbour were damaged and the restaurants were so many feet deep in water. The next morning the helicopters were checking out the damage and it rained till about 1pm. Then the sun came out just in time for us leaving to go to the airport. Typical!

Anyway, the weather was very hot for about 4 days and even when it was cloudy, it was still very hot and sticky and worth putting suntan lotion on. It can get chilly at night though, so be prepared to take a cardigan!
news report on it here http://www.diariodeleon.es/inicio/noticia.jsp?CAT=113&TEXTO=100000024557

although it is in spanish you could use a translation site - or just look at the picture
You can translate this page into english. Just right click then translate
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.