Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I don't think you can go wrong with cala'n Bosc it's very family friendly, has a good choice of restaurents which don't always serve chips, has a good beach and pleant to keep your 3year old very happy.

Steve.
Thanks Steve.

I've been looking around the net reviewing all sorts of places to stay and I've noticed a couple of people say that the pavements are a bit of a nightmare for buggies - broken up, is this right or just someone being over critical ?

Top of the list so far is the Viva Menorca, it seems to be very popular.
There's a lot of resorts really phil, it depends really on what you want to see & do, and how quiet/loud you want it to be.

I've been to Son Bou & it was lovely, but quite a good walk to things (though flat on the main part), Cala En Porter which beach has a huge hill to it & is very steep, Ciuadella which is a great town with lots to see and good resorts either side of it, plus a ferry to mallorca if i remember correctly, and Arenal D'en Castell which has a good superfamily complex there
I would always recommend Arenal D'en Castell for families. Everything shuts at 12. Good choice of restaurants, 2nd best beach on the island. And you can walk from one end to the other in 15mins? only 2 hotels the rest is sc, so plenty of child free restaurants and grocery shops. And you can wander into the various receptions & bars and enjoy thier entertainment.

Son Bou has the best beach, but the resort is spread out.

Cala Galdana, the beach is littered with pine needles from the trees, and can be smelly. The water has petrol/oil on the top of it from the boats.
Thanks very much for the replies everyone. :D
Loved Arenal d en Castell. Very family orientated
Its cala n bosch for me, went 4 times in 2003! and again last season, will be back late season this year.

Pavements are ok, some a litle steep but good, wait for a last minute deal to menorca, check out cosmos prices they do some great lates.

loads of great child friendly restaurants, with or without chips!! some really good food to be had there.

everything you need in one place, waterpark, supermarket, beautiful harbour, kids play thingy!

have fun, if you go i hope you fall in love with the place like i did!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.