Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I had a wonderful holiday in Calan'Bosch a couple of years ago.

Ideal for families, and also has a waterpark!

Kath HT Admin
Have you looked at the Aguamarina in Arenal d'en castell???

This is a great family hotel that has had alot of money spent on it last year. There is a childrens club and adult activites if you want to join in.

It overlooks the horseshoe bay, and you go down a small hill directly onto the beach where there are pedaloes.

The hotel also has evening entertainment.
Also have a look at the S'Algar area. This is a pupose built resort, where there are two hotels, a 3* and 4* with the 3* being more family orientated, and three different low rise apartment complexes. One is called las palmeras, one los naranjos, I forget the name of the third. These are all interspersed with private villas. I think you can use the facilities of both hotels and all the apartments whereever you stay. i.e. pools and resturants.(or you could two years ago).
The only thing to be aware of incase it's important to you is its not walkable to a beach. Its also quite close to Mahon so the transfer is short .
:D
You might want to consider Cala'n Forcat which by Menorcan standards is quite lively, has an Aqua Park and is probably best-suited to younger families. The downside is that the beach is tiny and the nearby Cala'n Blanes beach can get crowded in August. I always go self-catering so can't really comment about hotels but a lot of people rate the Almirante Farragut hotel.

If a decent beach is important, Arenal d'en Castell, Son Bou and Cala Galdana would be high on my list of possible resorts though none of these can still be described as lively and entertainment will be largely hotel/apartment complex-based. Cala'n Bosch is also a pleasant family resort worth considering with a reasonable beach and a smart new marina.
We stayed at the Calan Blanes Hotel. Its an aill inclusive First Choice Family property set above the small cove. Altohugh it was me and blokey I can not comment on the kids clubs however there was loads of entertainment on for adults ad children. The hotel is reviewed here. Take the watered down drinks comments with a pinch of salt as we found them fantastic! The food was good with vast options for children like ice cream etc... Its only a short 5 minute stroll to Calan Forcat where there loads of restuarants if you fancy a change and a waterpark. Its only 1hr from the airport too.
We stayed in S'Algar when our two boys were young. It's a good purpose built resort. Beware that during high season the pools get very busy as there is no beach there. We stayed at Los Naranjos and Las Palmeros and found that people came early in the morning from the nearby villas etc and reserved the sunbeds.

There was a lovely bowling green and a diving club in the resort.

The nearest beach is Cala Alcafar which is walkable. Punta Prima, not far by bus.

The island is small and I would recommend hiring a car to visit all of the lovely beaches.
I'm not sure you can really go wrong in Minorca. Somebody higher up has mentioned Arenal D'En Castell, we went there a couple of years ago and it was an excellent resort, all very family orientated.
wicked thanks.will look into it a bit more after xmas.(£££££££) :D
I can't think of a bad resort on Menorca although like most here I have my preference which is Cala Galdana.

Steer clear of Fornells. Its picturesque and peaceful but not really a resort for young ones.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.