Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have a look at our reviews for this accomodation Here

Kath x
Hi Kath
I have done but there are some bad ones as i say on a certain site along with good ones .Bad ones for last week
and im worried . Am thinking of canceling .NanaMags :think
The reviews on here seem favourable, Why someone would cancel a holiday because of reviews is beyond my thinking, If the hotel is that bad, Get other accomadation in Icmeler you practically fall over looking at hotels, Their are 100s of hotels and they arent that expensive, Go to your deserved holiday and forget all about reviews from people you dont know, If you have a problem see your Tour rep and ask to be moved, Perhaps your getting confused with another hotel called bellavista. Other reviews I also found are also good, Your hotel also has a fantastic location just 5 minutes from Icmeler beach and also the main road, I have sent you a Pm of where your hotel is in Icmeler follow the link to the map.
Thanks for reply .Its definatly Mersoy Bella Vista . perhaps your right and i should just go . There were some good reviews and bad for same weeks so who knows . What site did you find reviews on ? .We are going with Thomsons who have only put this hotel in
this year .
We are half board !! Thats where i saw the reviews Trip Advisor .
If you dont like the food, Use the 100s of faboulous cheap restauraunts all over Icmeler, Once you try one of the restauraunts outside of your hotel you will then see why most of us Icmeler lovers choose self catering.
Once again thanks for advice .I made the mistake i think of Googling search for reviews of hotel and clicked on Tripadvisor
a lot of them are last year but when i looked again they had added ones from last few weeks . Thomsons only took this
hotel on for 2009 and it has been featured in a new book Chic and Unique .It looks and sounds lovely and Adults only .Your advice certainly made me feel better .Not going to look at any more reviews . :offtop
Hi All .Well i just couldn't leave Reviews alone and tried to change Holiday.Travel Company say as its only 34 days till we
go i loose 70% as it would be new Holiday. Please does anyone know The Hotel and if any reviews are true as im not looking
Forward to Holiday at this minute .Surely it cant all be Lies these bad reviews . :(
Here's the final advice, Take the holiday, Go to the hotel try it for a day at least, If you dont like it, Move out and go to another hotel on a self catering basis, Look for another hotel just now, Take the details of your choice with you and book via the Internet (plenty bars have free internet) If you need some suggestions explain what you like in your hotel.
Once again Thanks. Travel Brochure says if you don't get what Brochure says they will do their best to sort it within 24 hours so
maybe your right.What i cannot understand is why people put such reviews on if theres no truth and if they are true how can others
say its brilliant .47 reviews 32 good 15 bad on tripadvisor have you seen them !!!
Am i being a pain :duh
Well 32 cant be wrong with the assesment of the hotel, So out of 47 reviews surely 66% of people cant be wrong, Perhaps you will be moved to another hotel if you dont like that one, But they will make you pay for that privalage, And most likely it's going to cost you more for that than it would to book one when you are their, The only hang up with Turkey is the hotel situation which are pretty old (not all) but the majority are dated and well past their sell by date, However the hospitality of the people and the workers more than make up for the poor hotels.
Have you read the latest reviews added yesterday - both were very favourable. If it were me I would give it a try, I'm sure there's other hotels you've stayed in before that you thought were really good and yet others may have written really awful reviews about.

Last year Mum booked a cruise&stay holiday through Thomson only a week or two prior to departure, for all of the family. After the cruise we found ourselves in a hotel which was geared up mainly for elderly people and nothing for the 6 year old and two teenagers in our group to do. We enquired with the Thomsons rep about the possibility of being moved to somewhere with a bit more life/kids club etc. Another couple came right after us and talked to the rep about exactly the same issues - however they had read reviews prior to travelling and had suspected the hotel might not be suitable for their family and had written to Thomson stating their concerns before departure. The rep came back and told us that with it being July and very busy, there was really no availability in another hotel; the other family were however transferred. When I queried this with the rep, she advised that because the other family had made their concerns known to Thomson before departure, they had to make arrangements to move them and were given priority. I should add that they had to pay transfer costs to another resort so it wasn't free.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile therefore to write/email Thomsons and tell them that you have some particular concerns about the accommodation you are due to stay in, having read some recent negative reviews. Briefly outline your main concerns and ask that, if on arrival you find your concerns to be founded, Thomson will make necessary arrangements to move you to a suitable alternative accommodation. Take a copy of the letter with you for back up. Ofcourse you may have nothing to complain about, like so many others who have only good things to say about the hotel, but you have nothing to lose by writing.

Finally I would say please stop worrying as you will probably spoil your holiday before it begins, and may be looking for faults perhaps unneccessarily. Icmeler is a great place to visit, the people are very warm and welcoming there is so much more to it than just one hotel. Hopefully a few more good reviews will appear by the time you go :)
I'm going this hotel on aug 1st, i've read the same reviews as you. it is slightly off putting. i wont personnaly be bother as have stayed in some real dives but am taking my partner for a break and i know she'll flip her lid if she see the reviews lol. any chance you can let us know how it go's if your back be4 the 1st aug.

Matt
Holiday wasent to bad, the hotel room was good and the maid ect room cleaning was good. Food was rubbish considering it was halfboard this made my holiday very expensive as i ate out with my partner every night. the hotels alacart menu was the worst meal i've had in many years and the service in the alacart bar was rubbish. service in the downstairs bar and pool area was very good. i'd use the hotel on a self catering hoilday but not go back halfboard. pool area was alway very buzy and people like to hog the sunbeds but that wasent an issue for me
Matth699, Just a pity you didnt do some research beforehand, As most people who do go to Icmeler choose the self catering option for one reason the food is excellent everywhere.
Matth699

It would be appreciated if you could post a review of the hotel on the link earlier in this topic for the benefit of other members.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.