Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
We travelled to Cancun at the end of June and it rained for 10 of the 14 days!! :( Added to that it was invaded by American students sent there has a graduation pressie. I was completely overun and I can only describe it has hedonism meets 18-30's. That said the place is absolutely brilliant and well worth a visit. Very expensive so ensure you go All Inclusive. We travelled with First Choice staying at the Costa Real which was in an excellent location close to downtown Cancun. We also had the benefit of the facilities and dining offered at the Gran Caribe at no extra charge this is a Five Star hotel so we had all the benefits at a fraction of the cost. Is you intend to swim with the dolphins take a trip to Isle of Mejeures were you can swim with them in the seas - but book before you go as it is popular.
There is a Fast Cat transfer just a short stroll from the Costa Real. If you need to no more please ask.
Would suggest you went a.s.a.p. May to avoid the risk of rain
we stayed in mexico in may 2008, came home towards the end of may, just one downpour one evening that lasted less than 5 mins. the temperature was boiling, far too hot to sunbathe and everyone tends to get under the parasols during the day as the sun is intense and you can feel your skin burning almost straight away, i even had factor 30 on and it burnt me straight away. :wave:

Mexico is a great place, we stayed i playa car at the riu palace mexico. it was out of this world. Trying cuba this time, just worried about the dreaded mozzies, ive bought some expedition strength spray so hopefully they will leave me alone. :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.