General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
The weather in Lanzarote has been in the high 20's these last couple of weeks so I'd still consider the Canaries as an option.
:sun

I would agree with pippy, don't think you'll go wrong with the Canaries.
What about Cyprus?
pah I have looked for flights Mon 16th May from EMA and it quite sparse, I need to leave after 10.00 am as I am working till 8am :shock: I have found a canaries flight but its a lot of dosh really.........and I cant find a package any cheaper.................I have £250 to spend.....think I might have to go EJ to alicante at this rate :oops:
How about Turkey, Thomson have some on 16 May in their Pricebreakers for 189 pounds flying from Birmingham at 6.00pm.
Turkey...is it hot there? :? not sure If I want to leave Birmingham
Turkey is hot hot hot from mid May onwards, not as humid as later on in high season, and coolish in the evenings in May.

There are flights from EMA to Dalaman in Turkey - flythomascook website has a return flight for £149 plus taxes. If you're travelling on your own, your best bet for keeping within your price range would be to go DIY - check on medhotels for hotels and aparts which you book per room per night, not per person, so it works out cheaper if you are travelling alone. You should easily manage to find a hotel or apart for a week for less than £100.

Elaine
thanks elaine but turkey does not appeal to me, it's too unknown and I want to get by with the money and language, bit of an old stickler me. :?
Before you write it off, Vegasone, take a look at the Turkey page. I'm pretty sure its the most visited page on the site. English is widely spoken, the locals positively welcome tourists - unlike some other places in the Med- and its hot in May. Plus its cheaper than Spain.

Bridd
Vegasone, I can recommend Turkey as well. Been going there for about 5/6 years now and can't even think about going anywhere else.

Karen
Don't think Turkey is "unknown" As a holiday destination it is more similar to Greece or Cyprus than to Morrocco/Tunisia which I think is what a lot of peoples believe. Turkey is clean, friendly, safe and excellent value for money. It has some of the best restaurants in the med. You would be hard pushed to have a bad meal and in May the weather is perfect. Hot (80's) in the day but not stifling when you go to bed. It is worth considering. Have a look on the Turkey forum and ask loads of questions Its a friendly place (like Turkey!)
Fi
PS language, no problem everyone speaks English in the resorts
Money, Will be easy now that there is 2.5 lira to the pound (all those noughts have gone so no more dealing in millions!)
ok I will see I have not the first clue about turkey :?: I want a beach a pool and a nice hotel for 1 week, not interested in discos etc just a tan for £250 :?
Turkey is Great...lots to do and see, nice weather, nice people, cheap prices. Can thoroughly recommend (as a person that was once a sceptic)
Turkey is now the 4th most popular foreign holiday destination for Brits, and for a good reason: it's fabulous. I've been going there since 1987, and despite having visited plenty of places in between, will keep going back there until I drop.

Go over to the Turkey Forum and ask for advice. You'll get loads.

- Tony -
Hi, Malta is lovely in May, nice and hot with long clear days and sparkling blue seas the most clear in the whole Med, the currency is decimal as it is in england ie, 100 cents make up one Lira Maltese or aka the Maltese pound, most Maltese speak excellent english and it is a very unique country with literally tons to see and do and with a great relaxed Mediteranian feeling.

Please feel free to ask any questions and I will be happy to help you out, although we may have to move to the Malta & Gozo forum if you want to discuss in detail.

Best wishes
Sliema2
hi

ive travelled extensively to over 25 countries and went 5 times abroad last year and again going 5 times this year ,4 to turkey and turkey is one of my favourite places, been twice this year already and its only april going again next month to get married there and to a uk person not a turk, my mother moved out there last year from antigua and loves it, give it a try ,weather fab, beaches fab, people so so friendly, prices good, you cant go wrong, its a lovely place, we are even buying an apartment out there, i have to say that i dont like spain that much and once you have been to turkey you will go back again and again guaranteed
Thanks everyone so far Turkey is now out of the quetsion as the flight times on Monday 16th may are really bad, I cant get back into uk till silly o clock on the 24th and I cant do that :(

I guess I will end up in Spain :(
Ah well Vegas,

Maybe next time hey :wink: ?

Elaine
We went to Bendalmadena on the Costa Del Sol at the end of May 2003. It was really hot. Don't know if we got lucky with the weather.
Really nice place though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.