General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Look no further you won't be disappointed by Turkey promise its fabulous, sun sea nice fresh food (none of your processed muck there), nice people, value for money, thats why this forum is so big everyone is talking about it, go for it honest you won't be disappoint whatever type of holiday you are looking for you can find it in some part of Turkey
my nearest airport is birmingham but next month flights to dalaman were better going to east mids so we are flying from there as its about 45 mins instead of 20 cant you look at brum flights, my friend lives in nottingham and shes flying from manchester to dalaman next month due to flight times lol
:o Go to Turkey, you'll never want to go anywhere else again. In Spain they like you until they've got your custom then move on to the next person.. In Turkey they just like you full stop. Friendliest safest place I've ever been travelling alone with small child! Half the spending money needed compared to ANYWHERE with compulsory Euro!
Shorty 8)
I live in Nottingham, and I find the big difference between East Midlands and Birmingham airports isn't so much the time spent travelling, because there really isn't a lot of difference. Its the extra cost of the petrol for the car, and the problem of car parking etc. I could easily get a lift from friends or family to East Midlands airport and back, but couldn't expect the same for Birmingham airport, especially for an early-morning Monday return from Turkey. And don't even get me started on public transport from Nottingham to Birmingham airport :bhead !
So I'm having to spend an extra £70 for car parking because I'm flying from Birmingham. If like Vegasone all you want is a quick getaway to the sun on a budget for a week, it makes sense to stick with the nearest airport.

Hope you find something Vegasone,

Elaine
try Bulgaria the beaches are super
dont give up on turkey vagasone, as briarskeg said check all your other options for different airports....if you miss out you will be sorry...its a great country. Gavin 8)
I have to say Turkey is brill. We always go on hols in May and up to now Tenerife and Ibiza were hotter than Turkey. It was still good weather though. Not to hot for the kids. We have been from east mids, birmingham and manchester airport and always go with a good taxi firm. It is less than paying parking, as there are usually 7 of us. karen
Based on 2 people flying from Birmingham airport to Bodrum airport Sunday 15th May 2005, 7 nights at the Tuncay apartments Icmeler including return transfers £257 per person :lol:

John
Turkey is great in May i've been a lot of times and i cant wait to go there again :D Alanya is a great resort
:D :lol:

wow Turkey is popular... any way thanks folks but I have to leave 16th May and return 23rd, the flights I have found arrive back in uk at daft O'clock on 24th and I cant do this. Maybe I will go to turkey one day but not Maty 16th :(
We went to Turkey over ten years ago, and we have went back t least once a year since. Weather in may is fab, really starting to cook, loads to see and do, and more value for money than you could shake a stick at. Try it, you wont be disapointed
You can't go wrong with Turkey. I must admit it never really appealed to me.Three years ago we thought we would give it a try.
Now we are in love with the place and I would'nt go anywhere else. The people are friendly,its cheap,weather fantastic. We love Icmeler, give it a try you will not be disappointed.

Happy Hols :wave
Hope you're not feeling got at, Vegasone! We Turkey-fans are an enthusiastic bunch. I'm sure you'll give it a try one day.
Hope you find somewhere nice.

Bridd
I would go if the flight times were not so disgusting. :o
I know what you mean about flight times. We land at about 2.00am in the morning at Gatwick and when I was looking some of them landed about 6.00am.
If you go to the lastminute.com website, there are loads on offer and are extremely cheap, and have flight options that suit your times and dates too.
last minute . com is very expensive imo, I am looking at DIY but ahve crossed turkey off due to th eflights. I am now thinking canaries but dont know where to sta :? y
We went to Salou in Costa Dorado for 2 weeks in the middle of May and the weather was brilliant. One shower in a fortnight . Very enjoyable because it wasn,t too hot mid to high 70s. :D
gosh I still have not booked...it seems when I first saw easyjet from EMA to Malaga they were £80 each now in a short space they have gone up to £114 each :oops: still afordable however I have the option of Birmingham now and have seen flights for £68 each to Malaga although they are silly times bargain with mytravelite.com.

still undecided :oops:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.