America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hmmm- reasonable hotel in South Beach :think that is a challenge!

Have a look at this guy's webpage, it should help narrow it down for you...
http://blueheronsmiamiinformation.blogspot.com/

Let us know what you choose.
You will find the prices in Miami and the Key's significantly higher than those in Orlando.

Friday and Saturday nights also tend to have the higher rates and South Beach in particular may be very busy.

Lots of choice just depends on your budget.
Thanks, think we've settled on the Indian Creek for Miami or Circa 39, still looking at the Keys.
If you can stretch it pricewise, the Ocean Key Resort in Key West (0 (zero) Duval Street, right next to Mallory Square) is stunning.
ocean key is one that we are looking at, have you been? would love to hear your thoughts on it.

cheers
Yes, we stayed there for 3 nights in 2005 as part of a 16 night break in Florida.

The property is stunning and the rooms are excellent but for me the location was the clincher. 0 Duval Street, walking distance to all the attractions and Mallory Square next door for night time entertainment as well as the bars of Duval Street.

Only downside was parking charge which was expensive ($20 per night I think) but that aside, and with some excellent customer service added to the benefits already mentioned I would recommend it to everybody.

Oh, and the pier attached to the property at night has to be seen to be believed..... :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.