UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
If you are coming down South what are your thoughts on a family break in London?
There is so much to do there, and so many places you could stay. :hmmm
what about alton towers you will only have to drive to the north of england and they have hotels, now you can combine beautiful countryside and a theme park in 1 :P
How about York? There`s the Jorvik Centre, the Railway Museum, the city walls to walk round, good shopping......AND, it`s straight down the AI, well, mostly.
Hiya

We've thought about Blackpool and Ribby Hall. York is still high up our list. Thanks for the suggestion of London but unless we fly we reckon it's too long to drive and I hate trains lol.

Thanks and keep on giving suggestions.

Lxx
If its not too far you want then the previous shout for York was a good call, its a fascinating place...
you could even take the kids on a ghost walk! :shock:

Otherwise if its really close-by that you want how about Carlisle, and you could also then perhaps venture into the Lakes? :?:

Another thought is have you visited Wales? The North wouldn't be too far for you to drive to, and is a beautiful part of the country with a lot of places you could visit - I went as kid with my parents and loved it! :shrug
You could perhaps have a look on here? http://www.beautiful-northwales.com
I'd also recommend York and although you say you don't like trains GNER tickets can be had very cheaply and it only takes a couple of hours - far quicker than driving and the scenery along the Northumberland Coast is spectacular. It also means you don't have to park your car - York centre is not very car friendly. York is also handy for the East Coast should you want to go to the beach.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.