Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Stayed there for 3 nights in early Feb, staying at the Hotel Canada [nice little 3* hotel, 5-10 min walk along Corso Italia to the Duomo].

The weekend was let down by all the football being cancelled, so my tickets for Inter - Roma were wasted.

Anyway, enjoyed the break, but wouldnt go back for more than 1/2 nights.

Visited the Duomo, including the walk upto the roof. Was a nice sunny day so worth going up, but the actual sites of Milano arent that appealing really.

Visited the Castello Sforzesco, work going on but worth the wander up Via Dante.

Visited the Last Supper, a 15 min whirlwind tour, but worth the visit. Stop by the Cafe Biffi beforehand for a good espresso and cake/ desert !

Neither of us visiting were massive art lovers, so didnt visit any galleries, but there are many to choose from.

Shopping wise, very good as expected. Italian labels like Prada, CP Company, Zegna etc are roughly 25-30% cheaper than UK.

Some great restaurants, but scattered around. Great meal had at Bio Pizza on Corso Italia.

I felt the nightlife was poor. A couple of bars in the Brera district, and a few along the Navigli area, but not lots and lots of bars around open at night with atmosphere etc. Lots of Milanese seem to stand around all evening chatting. People must go drinking/ eating somewhere, its just finding out!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.