General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I have done this before and not been a problem as long as first name and surname are same as passport, you can email them if worried.
Hi Dave,

I think I'm correct in saying as long as the first name on your ticket matches your passport, you're fine. I don't think middle names are a requirement. Though, I'd wait for somebody who's 100% certain to reply before taking my word for it ;)
Hi Dave,
I never put my middle name on the booking, As long as the first names and surnames are correct and the Mrs/Mr etc then i dont think you will have a problem.
By the way, I booked our flights yesterday for next July and only put our first names and surnames. :tup

Linsi
Thanks all for your replys it just got me thinking i put the TV on yesterday and it was half way through a interview with some chap who said airlines from monday will require middle names now i may have got the wrong end of the stick not sure
Dave
I never put OH's middle name on flight bookings, we travelled with Easyjet just a few weeks ago without any problem. I'm just about to print out boarding passes for Christmas and they won't have middle names on them.
Dave,
Did you get an email confirmation when you made your booking? If so, if they are changing the policy then I am sure that we will be contacted in some way or another. Dont think there is any reason to worry about this at all, so just look forward to your holiday even if it is about 8 months away :rofl. Just had a look at my account and i have 245 days 19 hours and 34 minutes to go to my flight..
Yep all you people out there, i am sad!!!!!

Linsi
Thanks all
put my mind at rest seems a long way off July but seem to get better prices on flights if you book early i booked on 10th oct to menorca just looked at that flight its gone up £150 for 4 adults
Dave
Airline reservation systems don't use middle names. I think it's from next week when the information given to US airlines will include middle name and passport number.
Thats what i must have caught the end of sunaddict
Dave :)
Dave, our flight it to Menorca also...and I have been watching the flights since I got home this July. They have come down twice in price now so I'm not risking it and I have booked it.
You watch, there will be an after Christmas sale on. :rofl
Linsi
Just my luck if they put a sale on but happy with the price i paid going from Liverpool
Dave
I have never used my middle name and when was travelling with son previously never used his either, and touching wood not had any problems to date.
I don't have a middle name but I know my parents, who both have middle nems, never use their's when booking flights.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.