Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We flew with Monarch in November and did not ned to fill in the forms, but we have been sent them for our Feb trip to Goa. The form comes in to effect for India, Kenya, Gambia etc on 1st Feb. Our son goes on Thursday and he has not needed to fill any in, so this must be correct.
:offtop -sorry! i hope that is just a nasty rumour,we got burnt with excel october 2008 and had to pay for new flights -this time we've booked a package with olympic flying with monarch. i agree with prettypollycat - the bookmaker could just start a panic!
Hi moles, kent

I fly on Thursday to Goa too and my travel agent has told me that she doesnt think this is necessary but I am trying to do it just in case. I cannot log in, tho, with the website Thomas Cook have told her (I booked direct with Thomas Cook) so will have to go back there again tomorrow. Like I say, she says she doesnt think its necessary. Its the 'dont think' bit I didn't like !

Where is your son flying from?

jennyt :)
He is flying with his wife from Gatwick, are you?

Don't worry about the form, it really isn't needed for those going before February, I have it in writing from JLM our tour operator, who I had to fax ours to for February 10th flights.
Yes, I am flying from Gatwick on Thursday aftenoon, moles kent. I am meeting my boyfriend out there who has been travelling around India and is now chilling in Goa :sun2
hi moles kent. is your son flying with monarch? when i spoke to them they said that everyone had to provide this information and we're flying jan 23rd.
Oh well, he will have to doublecheck in that case, but we are flying Monarghh in February, also after booking with JLM, and they say only flights from Feb 1st need the forms. They sent them to us but not to him.
hi were flying with thomson on the 6th of feb should i contact them about these forms or will they send them as a matter of course?
Definately contact them. On the form it says it is the travellers responsibility, not the tour operator. After sending them they advise that you telephone to ensure they have been received, again because it is your responsibility, not theirs. Even more hassle this year as well as concerns re the new ruling on 'two months gap before you can renew your visa'. Some people feel that the Goan airport staff may interpret this as meaning you can't travel back to India within two months of leaving.
thanks for that, but if it hadn`t been for this forum i wouldn`t have known anything about it,i wonder how people will fare who don`t read forums
I wouldn,t have known either.We are flying with Qatar at the end of feb.so i contacted dial a flight this morning & they said it wasn,t neccessery,when i said alot of people seem to think it is they said to go on the qatar site to my booking,which i did & the form is there to fill in which i have now done.I,m also abit worried about not having any proof as to where we are staying(guest house)I have emailed the owners for written confirmation just incase we are asked for it but the emails keep failing.I rang Dial a flight &Qatar & they both didn't seem to know what i was talking about,will it be enough to just take name &address with me?Thanks
Manxcat
manxcat
re the proof of accommodation - this seems to have been an issue only for passengers flying CHARTER with Monarch from Manchester several years ago.
Not Monarch from Gatwick nor any other charter airline flying from Manchester.
I think it must have been someone based at Manchester interpreting some rules differently from everybody else (IMHO).

As you're flying scheduled it shouldn't be an issue for you, but I'm sure someone who has flown Qatar will confirm.
Hi Manxcat,
Qatar wont ask you for proof of accommodation, but you will need the address to put on the immigration form, that will be given to you on the plane, before you land in India.
I doublechecked today re the API forms. They are not required until after Feb 1st for charter flights to India. Some people have submitted them through choice, but no-one will be turned away from the Monarch check-ins in January, as long as they have their usual paperwork and passports.
thanks for that info moles. i haven't had time to get onto olympic customer services again,so at least we now know we're ok as we're flying the 23rd jan. i assume the return flight will be ok without the API as that is in february?
debs16,

I looked on the Thomson website and they say its done at check-in, 1/2 down the page on this link is the info
under" How can I find out about Advanced Passenger Information (API)?"

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/faqs/flights/checking-in.html

Angie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.