Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Qatar airlines are already requesting this information. We had to supply them with passport details and dates of birth before we flew in November.
We've also had to do this - flying with Thomson to Goa at the end of Feb - I've had to do it for the last few years flying to/from Spain and also when I went to Bangkok last March. If you don't do it, I don't think it's a great problem, but may cause you delays. I do mine on the net well before I travel so I don't forget.
Very common now spike.Will become compulsory if it is not already.Remember you alraedy provide most of this information when you book.

It has indeed become a very strange and dangerous world we live in.

Very sad.

Papa
Hi Spike
Can I just confirm one thing:
your post says:
They state that this comes in to effect as from 1st December 2010,

Is this really NEXT year or is it effective from now (i.e. 1/12/2009)?

We're flying Monarch but not until the end of Feb 2010 and haven't been contacted by them yet - when are you going?
Thanks
Spike,You had me worried as we travel on Saturday with monarch but had heard nothing about this.So i rang travel agent,who then rang Manos and they say it only applies to new bookings and travel after 1st February.
I just hope this is correct,there are enough delays at Dabolim without me helping to create another one!!! :rofl
Looking forward to Saturday :cheers Paula
Just to confirm e-mail from Jewel in The Crown :

Dear Client

Ref: xxxxx Depart: 19 MARCH 2010

We have been advised by Monarch Airlines that they require information for every travelling passenger including children and infants. All information provided must be exactly as stated in your passport.

The airline will then forward the information onto the Home Office.

Monarch has advised us that they require this information for all flights departing from 01DEC 2009.

We require you to fill in the attached API Information sheet for your booking. The sheet is attached in both excel and word format for your convenience, This completed from will need to be returned to us with the information as soon as possible by either, email to admin@jewelholidays.com , fax 01293 533337 or you may post them to us.

Please ensure that you have filled in all the sections and do not return to us until you have collated all of the information for every member of your party.

Failure to supply this information may result in you experiencing long delays at check-in/immigration or even being refused boarding.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

Administration Department
Jewel in the Crown Holidays
Spike,really sorry,Hope you did not get the impression that i thought you were lying,I was just concerned as our travel agent had not been in touch.
Just re-read your posting and I think perhaps i read it wrong!! Does it apply to flight only?
I am doing a package,so maybe that is why travel agent said differently. Paula
:que

Im flying with Monarch to Goa next Thursday, 7th Jan. Ive not received an email or anything from my travel agent. Should I go there tomorrow do you think? Sorry, but I'm panicking now :yikes
No problem milliemeg, thought I'd best post exactly what I have been sent, seeing that I mis-informed about the date.
Can't find any more about this, but knowing what Monarch are like with rejecting boarding if you do not have an accomodation voucher, then I would hate to turn up and be told I couldn't fly.
Spike
Well Im now going to ask a really stupid question.....

You say accommodation voucher, Spike. I have one in my tickets, but its not the hotel that I have booked with myself. I was going into the Travel Agents to ask about this but thought as I had arranged my own accommodation from day 1, I would ignore it. What should I do about your original point in this thread and the accommodation voucher, please? Im worried more now as I am travelling alone and meeting my boyfriend out there.

Cheers :)
jennyt, - not a silly question at all !! I take it you have booked flight only ? If you have then you will need the accomodation voucher with you when leaving your UK airport, Monarch ask for you to present these when checking in - they look at it and thats it ! nothing more to worry about, you do not go to this hostel/hotel and certainly do not bother contacting anyone about it, it will not be needed again after checking in, they may not even ask for them, so no need to panic.
About the API situation, it's new to me and glad I have been informed, and have time to send the forms in. I would have a look on Monarchs website for any info but also get in touch with your agent to hear what they say - Manos says it's from 1st February, my e-mail states it's 1st December.
If I find any more info, I will post back asap.
Spike.
seeing that I mis-informed about the date.

Spike, not mis-informed - it's just that time of year when it's easy to forget which year you're in. LOL

Re the accommodation voucher - this always has me confused.
I've flown Monarch from Gatwick many times and have never been asked to prove I've got accommodation booked.
But, I once flew Monarch from Manchester (in the Feb after a Monarch Gatwick flight the previous November) and the ground staff were insisting on proof of accommodation - and actually refused some passengers boarding.

I asked a few people during our holiday and people on non-Monarch flights from Manchester hadn't been asked for proof of accommodation. :que
Still, it's a good reminder from Spike to be prepared.
we're flying with monarch,booked through olympic. i have just phoned customer services and they told me that they only have to inform customers of visa requirements and that i would need to speak to monarch directly to find out about API. am currently on hold,at 10p per minute! does anyone know of a free phone or local number i could use? i think i must be a bit thick but i cant get the answer from the above link!
thanks
just got through to monarch and they said it is down to the tour operator to collect API and to get back on to them,and maybe ask to speak to someone more superior if i dont get any joy. she couldn't understand why they say its nothing to do with them as all tour operators should be sending out this information. so - here i go and try again!
Not strictly relating to this issue but I read yesterday that an Irish bookmaker is giving odds of 4 to 1 on Monarch being the next airline to go bust!

Robustly challenged by Monarch, of course!
I wonder what odds on getting a flight to Goa for less than £550 next season ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.