Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Money
8 Posts
Hi Dave, here is the web link to the hotel http://www.hoteljuliani.com/ I have never stayed here but I know exactly where it is and it looks really nice from the outside, the hotel is on St Georges Road which is a very busy road with lots of traffic passing by although I am pretty sure that noise shouldn't be a problem for you with the hotel being so modern, the front of the hotel directly overlooks Spinola bay and the views are fantastic especially at night when all the bay is lit up with the lights from all the restaurants and bars etc that are around either side of the bay, yes there are numerous places to eat and drink around there, in one direction there is Paceville with all it's bars, restaurants, pubs, disco's etc, and in the other direction lies Sliema which is much more sedate but still with many bars and good places to eat, but even as you walk out of your hotel you will find all manner of places to eat and drink, if you like I will happily reccomend some places to you just ask if you want to know, the average price these days for a bottle of beer is about 80 cents which is about £1.20 but if you know where to go you can get it much cheaper, average price for a good 3 course meal for 2 with wine and a few beers would be in the region of around about 15 Lira Maltese which is about £25.00, if you are planning to eat out, I can highly reccomend Il-Merill Restaurant, St Vincent Street, Sliema Tel: (00356) 21 33 21 72, they do lots of wonderfull freshly prepared Maltese starters, main courses and fresh fish, pasta, steaks etc, the place is run by a great bloke called Vince with his lovely wife Mary, and his son Norman is an excellent chef, please feel free to contact me if you want to know anything at all about St Julians, Sliema, Valletta or anywhere in Malta and I will do my very best to help you.

Best wishes
Sliema2
Sliema2

Thanks for the reply. If you could recommend some places to eat close to the Juliani i would be greatful. Also, we will be celebrating a bithrday whilst in malta, could you suggest any restaurants that are really special?

Thanks

Dave
Sliema2

Thanks for the reply. If you could recommend some places to eat close to the Juliani i would be greatful. Also, we will be celebrating a bithrday whilst in malta, could you suggest any restaurants that are really special?

Thanks

Dave
Sliema2

Thanks

Dave
What do you mean by special ?
Sorry Sliema, i didn't make that very clear!

Somewhere romantic, maybe outdoors with really good views and excellent food.
Hi Dave, well Il-Merill has excellent food but no outside eating, however,
L-Ghonella does and it is very close to where you are staying as is a very famous local restaurant called La-Maltija which also has outside eating, also, St Julians band club does very nice Maltese dishes and is practically next door to where you are staying, I know it doesn't sound very romantic but it has a nice restaurant with an outside terrace overlooking Spinola Bay, any way here is the link to L-Ghonella & La Maltija http://www.starwebmalta.com/homepage.asp?restaurants-baharcaghaq.htm&core just scroll down the page a bit and you will eventually find them both.

Sliema2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.