Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Monte Gordo.
7 Posts
Sorry. Can't give you any answers, but you just brought memories flooding back to me about the time i went there (About 12 years ago) and stayed at the same hotel. Do you remember the circus, "Circo Chen" ?
As it happens i am going back to Portugal for the 1st time since then in September. :D
Hi Snapper,
was the circus on the beach, facing the Copacabana restaurant my wife seems to remember it. Did you ever go up the far end of the beach to a bar called The Europa Bar, this was run by a guy called Andre, and his wifes name was Ludis, you could have some great late nights in there, it has now changed to a souvenir shop. How many times have you been to Monte Gordo?
Jxk8.....
Hi jxk8.
Yeah, the circus was on the beach. Didn't venture too far out of the resort, but we went to an Irish bar opposite the circus on our last night.
Hi Snapper,
thanks for the reply, we are just counting the days now, cant wait to get back to see how much the place has change, for the good we hope, and hope theres a few indian restaurants as we are curry munchers, thats one place you have to go "India" what a place wont dwell on it as we are on the portugal site, but in a word "WOW". What hotel did you stay at whei in Monte was it The Dos Nav? We have stayed at a few place's The Gaudianna, The Vasco Da Gamma, one at the far end of the beach think it was called The Albigera, do like the look at that Cassablanca, I have got an apartment this time as I am taking my daughter and her boyfriend. Will close now speak again soon. Jxk8...................
Has no one visited Monte Gordo that enters this site, only asked for a bit of info????
Come on, there must be someone out there with some latest news on Monte Gordo. Jxk8....
Yes there are 2 or 3 Indian restaurants there now but I can't tell you what they are like - never eaten there.

John's Bar is still going strong - and the pizzas from the restaurant opposite are excellent
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.