Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Moraira
30 Posts
Moraira is not a fishing village, but a holiday village with a nice marina , no slot machines, some nice restaurants, small beaches and many holiday villas .
If you like promenades , fishing harbour and a historic town center you should consider Javea , which is bigger and has a fishing harbour , 2 promenades and many restaurants.
You don't find slot machines in Javea , no high rised buildings like in Benidorm or Calpe ,but apartment buildings (max 4 floors) , holiday villas and a few hotels .
Hi everyone me & the family (wife & 3 kids) are going to Moraira in june. We are flying to Murcia airport. Does anybody know how far away from the resort this is & also can anyone recommend a good car hire firm please. O and has anybody got any ideas of where is good to eat etc. Thanks
Hi heath .. you may find some info regarding car hire in our Murcia Airport Q&As topic.

David :wave
Thanks for the information guys. Will report back when we have been.
Hi guys.
Got back on Friday from our 2 week Easter break in Moraira.

I have to say it was one of the best holidays we have had! Moraira is gorgeous!
We stayed in a villa in the urbanization 'Villotel' just outside Moraira and it took all of 5 minutes to drive to the wonderful beach at L'Ampolla. What more could you ask, golden sands, blue sea, wonderful sunshine all in a natural bay with a castle on one side and a smaller rocky beach to the other with a beach bar/restaurant right there when you need it. :sun2
Eating out in Moraira is also completely effortless, there is everything from your typical 'british pub grub' to michelin reccommended restaurants with all nationalities represented in between! My son's friend was 18 whilst we were there and elected to go Chinese for his birthday (hey I know, but it was his birthday!) 6 of us had a full banquet and drinks for less than a tenner a head.
Moraira is not 'packaged' at all, there are very few hotels and none are associated with package firms, it's mostly villas and apartments with a fair number of ex pats making their homes here (although there are a lot of younger families as well).
If you want a taste of busier resorts then Benidorm is only 40 minutes or so away or if high rise isn't your thing then carry on further north to Javea which is the regions 2nd town and busier than Moraira, again not a lot of hotels mostly villas and apartments. The beach is larger than Moraira and the promenade is full of eateries and coffee bars, walk to the end and find Scallops, typically British 'cheap as chips' but with decent food; breakfast starts at just 1.25E for your typical sausage, egg, bacon beans and they have a 3 course main menu @ 7.95, 9.95 and the 'belly buster' @ 11.95, all this includes a bottle of wine each!

I can highly reccommend Moraira as a holiday resort and will be returning in the very near future! :cheers
Hi - Just to add to the review above. We stayed in a villa in El Portet - beautiful blue flag beach with a few beach side cafes ( excellent sardines, tapas & paella) and a great restaurant (oasis) which was very cheap but food was fantastic - all spanish. The villa was aprox 15 minutes walk along the tops and past the harbour (lovely views). Moraira is a very clean, typically Spanish town. Night life mainly consists of eating a very long meal (we only had one bad meal in the 3 weeks we were there). There are street performers, musicians, acrobats and fire eaters that come around the town and also a few touts selling sunglasses/watches but were never pushy. At the top of the town (away from the lovely resturants) was a fair. Open from 7pm - 1am. Very low key and was really for young children/early teens. Small merry go rounds, go karts, bumper cars etc.... On a Friday there is a fantastic Market - both for locals and tourists. Fruit and veg section smelt wonderful. Jet Skiing from Moraira harbour was fantastic. We did the 2hr excursion to Javea - 130 euros per jet ski. All in all a very relaxing holiday - not for those looking for a busy/18-30's holiday.
Yup Moriara is a lovely quiet resort with great restaurants and a very nice feel to it. I visited there recently while I was staying in Javea and both towns had the Moors & Christians festivals going on - they do like their fireworks that's for sure - and both towns have managed to avoid the high rise mistakes of the 70s.

Moraira has a much smaller feel about it than Javea which I liked.

Anyway, that's all folks.

Oh - yes - and the guitar factory in Gata de Gorgos is well worth a visit if it is raining.
Hi . We have stayed in Moraira the last few years and we love it. But we are going to go somewhere else this year . Can you recommend anywhere that’s similar to Moraira . Small town , quiet , a few bars restaurants etc . Thank you
M
Hi
Are you still looking just at Costa Blanca?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.