EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Mortgages
7 Posts
Depends if you have a mortgage in the UK. Your outgoings and your income. You may need a deposit and you will certainly need money for taxes solicitors etc. There's lots of other criteria, but that will do for a start. :)
Hi Mick. Neither of us have a mortgage :D So we could possibly mortgage against our homes in the UK?
yes from experience add 13 % cost on the cost of property for expences
Yes you can raise money from your own homes either to purchase a property outright or for a deposit depending on how much equity you have. However you will need enough income to support any borrowings.
Also you could raise a mortgage in this country or in Spain. I advise you to seek professional advice though.
PM me if you would like more detailed information.
Hi guys,

i'm in the same boat and need some advise i ahve put a 15% deposit down on a 3 bedroom place in alerimar (porto Fino) and need info on finance. I have 2/3 properties here in the uk and have to add a couple of hundred to cover there costs everymonth. So how would that have me fixed for a mortgage in spain? I know i can afford the place as regards onthly outgoings and will be renting the place but I know its not that easy when dealing with banks etc over here. i'm a contractor as well which rarely ever helps when dealing with this type of craic.

Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

rabc

p.s.
sorry pargaluvva for hijacking you post! :oops:
well all i can say to help is ,when we bought in spain nearlly 2 yrs ago ,the bank had to have three of our bank statments the latest ones,3 pay slips and my last p 60.but my advise is to make sure you have enough funds in your spain bank account to cover your first year mortgage,as renting isn,t as easy as you think,it takes time to get started ,as we found out,plus add 13% on top of money you pay for property for all the costs ,as there are far more costs there than here as even the bank get to be paid,good luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.