Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
what a fantastic thing to do,one of those things you can look back on and say "i did that"
however bear in mind a one and a half mile climb ,straight up,it is a bout four and a half mile to walk up the steps it is a very steep climb,1 paid for a camel , a ride that lasted three hours,where the camel stops the the main climb starts, an epic trudging of uneven steps for a fyrther hour= till the top,people stopping on the steps mean you cannot climb at your own pace,fast walkers you now how tiring it is when you walk with a slow walker,well guess what?you dont get the choice,be prepared to ache the next day unless you are very fit,im obviously not as fit as i thought i was.
but also be prepared for a magnificent sun rise and view,before the climb down again,and i bet you cant count all of the steps???
On my next visit to Sharm (4 weeks and counting) I will be making the trek up Moses Mount. I'm not sure what I will need for this journey as it is through the night. Despite visiting in Aug when the weather is scorching I realise that it will be colder on the mountain (especially at 4 o'clock in the morning). If anyone has made this journey please could you let me know any details and any MUST HAVE requirements!!!

Many thanks :bow
Not done it myself - but from what I was told last year by some folks who did you'll need...

1. To be quite fit, it's a hard climb
2. Good walking shoes
3. No warm clothes - it's still plenty warm enough
4. A clothes peg, to avoid the smell of camel & donkey. These are waiting (with their owners) all along the way to offer a ride to weary pilgrims
You still need a pullie or jacket - it can still be chilly at night time in the summer. Especially after the long climb up when you reach the top. At 2385 metres - i.e. almost twice the height of Ben Nevis - it is pretty high. And its not even the highest mountain in Sinai.
Thanks all
Better pack a 'pullie'!!! :thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.