Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Anywhere in corfu gets mossies, take Autan which must have DEET in it, they wont come near you, took some this year, not bitten once, last year was covered in bites.

Make sure you buy a good plug in here as well, keep on all day and night and spray your room with a mossie spray, got mine from local supermarket, called Teza, it was brillient, none of us got bitten, but DEET keeps them away they will not come near you with any spray with this in it.
Been bitten in that area of Corfu, cetainly. Get the highest % DEET you can get. Compare Autan with Jungle Formula. Also, I buy mosquito coils to burn. You can get them in all the local shops - I burn a couple at a time on balconies from before dusk onwards (if I'm there). As a precaution, it's worth taking some hydrocortisone cream with you in case you get bitten. I'm allergic to the bites and I start taking antihistimine for a couple of days before I set foot on a plane on the advice of my GP.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.