Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
hi and welcome have rou read the members reports yet?? then try the following link

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/greece/corfu/moraitika/miramare-beach-hotel/

wizard
Hi raveen

I go to moraitika every year so consider myself to be qualified in telling you a bit about it!!

As far as the beach is concerned, it's not so much a shingle/pebbly beach, there is sand but not much of it! Don't despair though, it's still a lovely beach with plenty of water sports (if that's your thing) and people watching. There's loads of tavernas nearby and I can really recommend the salads in "crabs" taverna- they're huge!

If you want a bit more peaceful sunbathing then head towards the Messonghi end by the river, very nice there especially towards the end of the day.

Nighttime wise, plenty of tavernas and bars to choose from. Try the Rose Garden- up a little alley on the main road towards Messonghi, they do a great Kleftiko. Up in the old village there is the "Village Taverna", very friendly place, great wine/ atmosphere etc.

Charlies bar on the main road is worth a visit if you like your music! Not your avarage pop records mind, plenty of rock stuff and old music. Else there are plenty of cocktail bars also.

Don't forget, a holidays is what you make it and you'll find the people very welcoming and friendly especially if you take the time to chat with them! I really hope you have a great time

warm wishes
bazz
Thank you for your advice Bazz, I am really looking forward to the holiday, like you said the lack of sand will not ruin it. I will lt you know my thoughts when I return. Thanks again. :P
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.