General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
not sure why 7F?
I prefer an aisle seat but OH usually takes it. :( However, he never sleeps so I can get up and about whenever I want without worrying about disturbing him. If its a 3 4 3 configuration we always choose centre section
I think on easyjet row 1 , 10 and 11 are ex legroom , more cost , and the front rows cost a bit more , so 7F is near the front for getting off quick , and is a window seat which is more popular especially if you're Portuguese
!! And costs no more than any other seat .
I didn't know that the RHS of a plane was more popular , I always pick from the left from seat A .
My wife always has the window , she usually leans on it to sleep , which is preferably to her dribbling on my shoulder :D
I prefer an aisle seat too, hubby prefers the window seat. I usually select our seat before travel and always, for some reason choose the left hand side of the plane (left when you you are looking at a diagram of the seats)
If I am travelling alone, I prefer an aisle seat so that I am not disturbing the person next to me, as I get up regularly :tup
I prefer an aisle seat for exactly the same reasons as Miss Pink - I'm not at all bothered about looking out of the aircraft window and the thing I really hate is being trapped in the window seat next to a couple in a row of 3 seats. Some of them can be quite rude towards lone travellers and the couple that really took the biscuit, the woman insisted that her partner swapped seats with her so that she was sat in the middle between me and him! Really! Did she think that I was going to spend the whole journey trying to chat him up or something? I tried to persuade myself that she did it out of courtesy because she had decided that it was unfair to have him encroaching on my personal space (yes, he was so large that he was going to!) but she did too and her actual demeanour suggested otherwise anyway. I decided in the end that they were really hoping that they would find themselves next to an empty seat so that they could sit either side of the middle seat and both spread into it and were miffed to discover that the 3rd seat was occupied.

SM
I prefer a window seat so I can look at something other than people.
I'm shocked because this really is the seat I normally choose :shock:

It's near enough to the front so that you can avoid the scrum getting on and off
but far enough back so that you have room in the overhead locker (i.e. it's not full of first aid kits or blankets or demo lifejackets etc.)
and your view is not obscured by the wing
(we usually fly on a 737 - I think - from our local airport)

I will have to choose a less obvious seat in future :oops:
Actually 7A would be a better option on certain flights e.g. to Tenerife as you generally arrive with the best views on the left hand side (OK...portside)....and on a winter dawn flight when the plane has been on the tarmac in UK all night, you get the morning sun warming you up too :wink:
If it's just hubby & I then we don't have a preference. If we're two couples, then we usually prefer 3 & 1 across the aisle. Getting off the plane doesn't bother me in the slightest, as going through security and waiting for baggage, usually means that no one is out quicker than anyone else
I like the window seat so book if I can, but not really bothered.
Just booked a flight to Amsterdam with KLM and having read this decided to reserve 7F to see if I notice anything outstanding :D
Messed up my booking with KLM, instead of booking for a weak I booked for 10 days, oh well all not lost, I just booked a further flight from Schiphol to Venice for 5 days then back to Amsterdam for a further 5 days, seat 7F is getting a good test :D
I hate to be a party pooper, but does any one remember the Channel 4 documentary where they deliberately crashed a 727 to see where the safest place to sit was? The cockpit broke off at row 7 so nobody between rows 6 and 8 would have survived.

http://gizmodo.com/5949223/what-can-we-learn-from-crashing-a-plane-on-purpose

:yikes :whoops
I just assumed that it had been common knowledge for years that the further back you were sat in a plane the greater your chances of surviving a crash but given that planes are amongst the safest means of travel I doubt that this really figures in most peoples decisions about where to sit :que

If you are anxious about these things far better never to travel by car because you are more at risk of dying in a crash sat in a car than than sat in seat 7F in a plane!

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.