Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Its the price of fame Del

I was lucky to get Phoenix Park at a good price booked it last Dec & going in 20 days time :D but if I go again next year I think I shall have to look for some cheaper hotels :cry: will have a look round when I get there, not to fussy as long as it's clean we don't spend much time in the hotel
:hyper :hyper we got it for £618 each for this november i am well pleased with the price .....as its only a few pound up since last year ........but on top of that we have flights over from N/I....and a hotel stay the day before you go and the same comming back but sure its all part of the fun :lol: :lol:
goa
We booked it about 8 weeks ago for Jan 1st and got good price - it's our first time. Just returned from Thailand last week and that was fab -so hello Goa.
We booked Phoenix Park about 4 weeks ago for next February. Paid £1218 for two of us. Checked today and its now £1615. Really glad we booked :sun
Booked in January for myself and my daughter for two weeks at Prazeres Resort, Candolim going in March next year with First Choice and got it for 550 each, don't normally book so early but having seen the way the prices are going up I'm very glad I did. It will be interesting to see just how high they go! :D :D :D
We booked for Aldeia Sanata Rita, Candolim from 28/12/06 with Direct Holidays from Manchester. Last year it cost £2,900 for four of us A/I but now it's £3,500. Quite a price hike. Have checked other companies and there is no availability until second week in January and there all £1k more. Goa is looking more popular. My advice to anybody looking to book a particular hotel in December and early January is to book now.
I booked 2 weeks at silver sands Candolim departing Xmas day night for 765.00 per person = think I got a very good deal there as doesn't seem to be much left now for such a good price.
goa
Thats a good deal considering you'll be there over NY. We paid £720 each to go 1st Jan.
This is far too depressing. How busy is it going to be next season. I'm off to somewhere else in India.
Outwith the xmas and Jan time, anyone who pays full brochure price is getting stung. In fact anyone who walks into a high street travel agency owned bt one of the big boys, likewise I met an old couple today who paid 585 pounds to one such place for a fortnight and came last week, they were told they were getting a good deal as the resort is crowded I could have got them a 200 pound cheaper deal if I'd known, and the resorts are very quiet So please please shop around, look for indipendant travel agents and check the internet again and again and dont be conned by those people, Remember Goa is by and large a budget destination with basic accomodation and the price you are paying should reflect this Alan
I have been back from Goa for a week now and am already looking into booking next year's holiday.

Unfortunately, if I go book through First Choice and stay at the same place at around the same time the holiday will be £500 more than this year's holiday. I bet the hotel won't see much of it.

I know holiday companies/hotels have to make money, but when the price goes up a lot, it can make you think twice about going back there.
Phoenix Park now £1280 for two 9th of Feb & even cheaper in march :shrug

It go's up and down like a yo-yo but still about two to three hundred more than this year.
Sydney,
not by any chance the Victor exotica was it?
del949
Del.

No it was the Majorda Beach.
Hi Del
I think I remember you mentioning that the Victor Exotica was going AI for next year.

I was rooting round for a holiday for Nov 06 and found the VE with Thomson on a B&B basis - £639 pp, departing Gatwick 21/11 for 2 weeks.

This was earlier this week, I've just checked and can't see this hotel offered on a B&B basis at all now.
Maybe the VE has been booked up on B&B basis or perhaps Thomson have withdrawn this hotel.

Anyway, decided on a change of destination, so (hope this is not sacriligeous on this forum :lol: ) going to Mexico.

Polly
Hi Pretty polly cat,
yes I too saw a couple of offers for the VE on a B and B basis, but was unable to get them.
Must still be very popular as the price has gone up astronomically.
Last year, for this February, we paid around £1200 for 2 weeks B/B with xtra legroom and sitting together, price for same two weeks next feb
£2381,,,,£1100 for drinks and meals!! :x
The hotel is nice but not worth this kind of expense, after all it's only a 3 star not 4 or 5.
If everybody refuses to book the management may revert to a Band B policy for the year after
Incidentally, a lot of posts have criticised the operators for going AI, but I was told by T Cook's rep (we were with first Choice) that the decision was the hotels not the TO.
Anyway, enjoy Mexico (traitor :lol: ) is it Cancun?
del949
Hi del
£2381 is astronomical :yikes .

I agree that it is a nice hotel, but - my own personal opinion only - I can't see the point of going AI in North Goa, when there are so many great places to eat and drink.

Do you know if prices are typically more expensive in November than February?

We stayed 2 weeks at Valentine's Retreat (25/2/06 to 12/3/06) and paid just under £500 each from Manchester, but we did book that only 7 weeks before travel.

Which hotel are you staying in this next time?

As I don't intend to commit treason on a permanent basis :lol: I think we may look at going back to Candolim in Feb 07.

Yes, we are going to Cancun.
We first went 15 years ago, when it first appeared in the UK brochures and loved it.
I'm sure we'll see lots of changes, just like we have done with Goa (our first visit to Calangute was Nov 94). No jewellers, no fake handbag shops, no sunbeds on the beach.
We used to go downtown Cancun to eat, right down as far as the local buses went, and then down side streets off Tulum Avenue to some small local restaurants where the prices were in pesos rather than US$ and had some great food at cheap prices.

Polly
Just checked our holiday price for next year and it's gone up even more!
We paid £1218 In February for 2 weeks at Phoenix Park in Feb next year. It's now a whopping £1699 :shock:
I really cant believe people would even think of paying these sort of prices for N.Goa in Feb. You must remember you are talking Indian Hotels here not 5 star places in more developed spots in the far east. Apart for the peak times at xmas and early Jan. you will always get accomodation in Goa and if you have been there previously why on earth dont you book your hotel yourself before the end of your current holiday? If you speak to people in the trade in Goa they will tell you how the big tour operaters pare there room rates to the minimum and they will gladly deal with you personally Then you can avoid the likes of Monarch and fly in a civilised manner with one of the reputable carriers I,ve mentioned before on this forum one popular well respected hotel in th Calangute area, the Goan Heritage who got so fed up with the pittance the big tour operaters were offerimg who now only deal with one, Travelpack and do all the rest of their business with independant travellers And everyone I speak to say they are doing very well, People should remember that the biggest part of the money you hand over in the High St. never gets anywhere near Goa, all those silly prices they demand, go straight into the pockets of the big tour operators Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.