EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi Noushkey. Where are you thinking of, the islands or the mainland? We would love to buy something on the mainland as a holiday home and then, hopefully, retirement home :shock: Thought about Majorca as well because of better priced flights!
Hi Pargaluvva

I don't really know I'm just fed up of the rat race here but not sure what I want. I love Greece and used to work in Crete as a holiday rep so know a bit of the language and I love the people and pace of life etc. just not sure if I'd want it permanently.

I certainly don't want a 'summer job' in a bar or long hours but not sure where the best place would be for work and a nice lifestyle.

I loved Sivota last year and there's probably more scope for jobs on the mainland so probably the Epirus area and then holiday on the actual islands.

What are you going to do when you retire out there? What are your plan?
Hi Noushkey. I would like to buy a holiday apartment (did think about Sa Coma in Majorca but my hubby isnt keen :cry: ). We have visited Parga for the last 3 years and thought it would be a lovely place to buy something but cost of flights, short holiday season is a bit offputting. If we were lucky enough to retire there, I would do absolutely nothing :shock:
Hi pargaluvva,

Did you get any further with buying a holiday apartment?

I still keep looking at property but would need an income to support me especially during the winter months so I don't think I can afford to move just yet. I could sell up and buy somewhere outright with no mortgage but would not want to be left high and dry with nothing to fall back on.

Working in London on an above average salary plus all the benefits you become used to a certain lifestyle so I'm not sure working in a bar and having to watch the pennies would work for me.

Let me know how you got on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.