EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi Blue Marlin

Any news on the animals - I can't find anything other than what I have posted recently.

Regards Jackie
Hi Jackie,

Could find out no more information had to go with £650+ for the dog, cat and parrot although this did include the crates :shock: :cry: annoying when you can get cheap flights for humans

How's things going for you have you packed yet :wink:
I've not started yet don't know where to start
Hi Blue Marlin

£650.00 is a lot of money but then saying that you are taking three pets so I don't suppose it works out that bad really, at least you know your pets will be with you. Who are you flying with?

I haven't got any dates to work to yet so I have not packed a sausage (not that I'm taking sausages :lol: ). I'm hoping the buyer will hang on until at least the end of January now so we can get Christmas out of the way and our holiday. Like you though I wouldn't know where to start. I have to pack stuff for storage, other stuff to get rid of i.e. boot sale/charity shop. I've had claims on some of my furniture from various family members so I don't have to deal with that, just them collecting it when it's time along with the contents of my freezer and food cupboards. I can't really do anything until I have a moving date as I don't want to be surrounded by boxes and then it all goes pear shaped. Can't even book flights for us and dog or book accomodation in Tenerife yet. I am a bit in limbo to be honest but I am sure it will be one mad rush when it does happen and I'm bound to forget something important like booking the kids on the flight :lol:.

Do you have a moving date yet? What are you doing with all your furniture etc. Are you taking it with or have you bought all new for your place in the sun. We worked it out that by the time we put ours in storage while we look for a house and then get it shipped over we might as well buy new.

Hope thing go smoothly
Regards Jackie
Hi Jackie

I have not yet booked the flights for the pets so will not know who they will be flying with untill I get a date, I have gone through Jets for Pets they have been realy helpful with all the questions I have asked them think they might be a bit fed up with me :oops: I have payed part of the fee to get the boxes made as they say they take about 3 weeks to sort out. They also do excess baggage/Manifest cargo at £1.50 per kilo

Our buyer wants to be able to get some of the things he wants to do before christmas so for me it could be anyday :shock:
I have bought new things for our little place in the sun but will just take personal stuff leave lots and get rid of lots it is amazing the clutter that you accumulate over the years I wonder if I could forget the kids :lol:

There is so much to think about you do meet yourself coming backwards
My hair is falling out and so stressed and here's me thinking it would be so easy :oops:

Here's to our new life soon in the sun
Yes lets hope all goes smooth for all that are in the same situation
pehaps we should all get together after the event and compare notes
Regards Blue Marlin (Kay)
You two are making me miserable... we've had our house up for 2 months and haven't had a sniff (despite big boasts from the estate agent).... facing a miserable Xmas in this whole of a country..... :(
Sorry to here that Davidowens
Hang in there it will happen eventualy
Where will you be living when you do eventualy sell :)
David

Two months is nothing. Our house went on the market at the end of January. We had plenty of what I like to call 'stupid' offers and four sales that fell through after about six week due the the 'buyers' not being able to get their mortgage. We lost the property that we were buying in Tenerife because things have taken so long. Now at last I think this buyer is serious as they have started to pay out money. It has taken almost a year from putting the house up for sale to possible completion. Don't stress about it, someone will come along when you are least expecting it. We had pretty much given up and decided if it takes another year then so be it, then within a week we had this viewing, they offered the full asking price and things are progressing well. It will drive you mad if you let it. Just look forward to Christmas and New Year (It could be your last in the UK) and I'm sure things will turn around soon.

Kay
Will definately have to meet up eventually to celebrate our new life in the sun.

Regards Jackie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.