Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
It would not put me off going to Thailand..these kind of terrible things happen to tourists all over the world including the UK.
As the mother of a girl the same age as the poor lass who was murdered, I wouldn't be put off either going myself or allowing my daughter to go.There are good and bad people everywhere.

Where is your guesthouse?
Those stories won't put me off from visiting Thailand at some point.
Sadly there are tragedies liek this all over the world.
Going in 5 weeks and it hasn't put us off even though we feel it for her family. We would never go out in the UK if this type of crime put us off.
It certainly wouldnt put me off. Tragedy happens in every country. However- I feel so sorry for the family of that poor girl. Mum has to live with the fact that the attack started when she was talking to her daughter.
I didnt think too many people would be put off. there was a recent post on the Lonely Planet board by a writer for Company magazine in the UK, she plans is writing an article about how peoples views on travelling to Thailand have changed in light of "all the bad press the country has got recently". ( More likely just looking to fill a few pages of the mag.)

Kayley - Our place is on Koh Chang, the smallest guesthouse on the island . . . 3 rooms :D
Hi,

We are going to Phuket in April and has definately not put us off, these things sadly happen all over the place.
To put the murder on Koh Samui into perspective; over thirty people were stabbed in London during the Christmas period. Does that put you off living in England?
Over thirty people were stabbed in London during the Christmas period. Does that put you off living in England?

No, the cold weather and high prices do. 8)
There's just been a report in the Thai papers about British tourist arrivals on Samui being down 30% since the murder.
I don't understand that macfarang. Unfortunately murders happen in every country. If the fall was due to a terrorist threat I could understand it. I'm wondering if the fall is due more to tourists having the confidence to return again to Phuket?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.