General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Blossom.....the trouble is if you don't get it booked up with it being over Easter, it may not be available for long.

I noticed the Mogan Princess has a free child place going on the 11th April with Thomas Cook so if you can be flexible with the hotel that is a better deal.....Caz
I feel sure the price will come down. All I can suggest is looking everyday and when you see it for a good price - Book it but don't look again.!! TC are probably correct about one plane per day as Cardiff is a small airport.
Thank you :)
Of course TC said that chances are the prices will go up! Which they have done - twice in a week by just over £200!

Like you say the first week of our holiday is the Easter holidays so it could just get all booked up!

Just to tortute myself further I rang Hays Travel again and they can do me the same hotel with private coach transfer - but an earlier flight time which is a Thomas Cook flight but not offerd by TC on their site (7.55 is the one they can do the one TC are offering is 9.40) for £176.12 less than the TC package, but I am just so scared to do it this way as it's not a package it a tailer made package!! I would rather go with TC but wonder if I am being really silly :(
Travel Republic have a family room (click on more room rates) for the 11th April....9.40am departure TC flight, price with luggage and taxi transfer under £3330.

They include financial insurance at no extra cost.

Just trying to help you.....Caz
We've done DIY for the last 7 years as with 3 kids we get slammed for under occupancy and (she says touching wood) we've been absolutely fine. Just make sure you get decent travel insurance. We organise our own apartments, flights and transfers...it is very daunting that first time but I don't bat an eyelid now as we save so much!

We booked our flights day they were released (Easyjet) and they are now about £300 more expensive so chances holiday will go up (and up).

Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)
Thanks guys

This time last week TC was £3274.20 now it's £3476.12.

Hays can do it for me, flights, transfers, family room for £3300.

Hand on heart I'd rather go with TC but at a just over £200 price hike in a week I begrudge paying the difference lol!!
That's a good deal that CazB's given you with TR...have used them before for accomodation and never had any problems!
It's that old supply and demand trick, everybody is now looking at booking a holiday because the weather has turned so cold and the tour operators are cashing in.

It is the same at weekends and Public Holidays, more people are looking to book so the prices are increased, just keep checking as they do fluctuate.
I just cannot believe that it was a £150 increase overnight last night - I was so shocked! I don't know whether I should be booking today, right now just in case it goes up again or in case it sells out :( Any thoughts?
I think the rapid increase in the price might be the particular dates you are looking at - with the announcement of the Royal Wedding and the extra bank holiday, you can take an 11 night holiday over this period and only use 3 days of holiday entitlement due to the Easter bank holidays, the extra one, May Day etc. A couple of friends have taken advantage of this during the last week or so - maybe this additional demand is pushing up the price? If you can be flexible with your dates, this will help, but I wouldn't hold your breath on the prices coming back down again. Good luck anyway!
Thanks for that :)
I have been as flexible as I can with the dates as I originally wanted 14 nights starting on the 11th (first monday of easter holidays for the kids) as the kids school won't allow them an term time off - but there were no family rooms left at the hotel - so had to go the following week.

I think you are right about the prices too and may just have to book it at the £200 increase!!
:)
Hi
Sometimes TO's put their prices up before Christmas to then give a discount in New Year, so to make you think you have a bargain.....Trouble is people have realised because of the Wedding and Bank Holidays you can book a holiday with less days leave so they may get booked up quickly....we have done exactly that, my partner only needed to use 3 days leave for a week away.
It is a bit of a dilemma for you...annoying that the price has gone up so much, but that is what happens quite often :cry
M
Right! I still haven't booked and lo and behold the price just went up again by £56.50 although the average price per person is still showing at the same!?!?!

So does anyone think it's worth me waiting til after Christmas to see if they bring the price back down or should I just get it blimming well booked?
Sorry but instead of dithering about it any longer I would get it booked and NOW! The prices are not going to come down, cos as you have seen they keep on going up and up in price :( Also I see others have also said if your not careful the availability will not be there for any holiday at this rate.

You said somewhere else that this was going to be your last holiday as well,so this alone would make me book it!
Thanks Debbie!

You are echoing all of my thoughts! I am majorly angry with myself that it has gone up £250 since the first time I looked!

My frist holiday ever was only in October just gone and I was never really bothered about never having been on holiday - until I went!!! Now I seem to be thinking of nothing else!
:)
If it helps I was looking at holidays last year and the prices were changing all the time! Sometimes a £300 difference (now this is on a £1800 holiday) but they did seem to come back down again. We also found that it was sometimes cheaper to book my daughter as an adult. For example 2 adults and 1 child = £2000, 3 adults = £1800! Yet the next week it would be the other way round! Always check both ways!
I do wonder if the tour operators log the amount of viewings a holiday has as Ive seen holidays go up alot within a short period of time. I wonder if they have a lot of viewings for a holiday then they put the prices up....just a thought.
Blossom, delete the cookies on your pc as that may be affecting the prices you see. OH got a higher price on the laptop at the same time I was getting a lower price on the desktop on the same website. Deleted the cache and cookies on the laptop and he finally got the same price I had been getting.

luci :wave
Thanks for that idea. Just tried it but it still gave me the higher price. :( Even though I had everything crossed lol

One minute it said one price and then 20 minutes later it had gone up by £56!!!! Most bizarre!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.